Gone

Y/n Pov

I was with Steve, Tony, and Scott at the compound. We had just gotten back from retrieving the tesseract from the '70s when Clint came back from his and Nat's mission.

I went over to him to ask him how it went but Bruce had the chance to speak first. "Where's Nat?"

I quickly realized that Nat wasn't there. I looked up into Clint's eyes and saw that he was about to cry. I immediately knew that Natasha Romanoff was dead. I screamed and fell to the floor sobbing.

  Tony came down with me to comfort me the best he could but it didn't help. I wanted Nat to be holding me in her arms, not Tony.

Everyone was trying to leave silently so Tony and I could be alone but I wanted Clint to stay. I needed to know what happened to Nat.

  "Clint, can you stay?" I asked him with no life in my voice. He shook his head, yes, and everyone left the room.

As soon as everyone left Clint started bawling. I knew he had just lost his best friend so I was being extremely open to him crying.

After about ten minutes of crying, he looked at me and gave me a sad smile. "I tried Y/n/n, I really tried but when I jumped she stopped me and jumped herself."

I knew he was telling the truth because Nat would do anything to make sure Clint went back to his family.

I put my forehead to his and smiled. "Clint, I believe you but I can't be with you right now."

I took my head away from his and went up to Nat and I's room.

I flopped down on the bed and started bawling. I couldn't believe the love of my life was gone. She was the most important thing to me and she was gone.

  I spent days crying over Nat's death. The one day I was actually doing good until I turned on the TV to see that Nat's death had gotten released to the press. I started crying again and wanted it all to be over.

  I heard a knock at a door and I yelled a quiet 'come in'. Tony walked in the door and gave me a pitiful look.

   "Tony, if you're going to come in don't look at me as to though I'm dying."

  "Sorry Babes. Just wanted to tell you that Nat's funeral is today at one."

  Tony walked out and I started to cry again. I had three hours to get ready for a funeral and I wasn't very excited.

I decided on a black dress that was appropriate for a funeral and went to the meeting place.

Everyone decided that Clint, Tony, Steve, Thor, Bucky, and I should carry the casket. I was quietly crying while carrying it but I wouldn't let anyone else know.

When we put the casket Tony took my hand and gave it a squeeze. I looked at him with a sad smile and realized that Nat was really gone. And there was nothing I could do about it.