Stranger

Warnings: very short

      It had been a few years since I had last been to the avengers compound. My best friend and I got into a huge fight and I just left.

I couldn't take being blamed for everything that went wrong on every mission. She was the one who fucked up and I was blamed.

The memories of us fighting came flooding back when I saw her at a market in New York City. Her hair was shorter and it seemed a brighter red color.

I quickly put all my stuff down and ran out. I could go back to the market later. I just couldn't be in the same room with her.

I was half way down the block when I heard my name being called.

"Y/n! Y/n! Sweetie!"

I froze in my tracks. I haven't been called sweetie since the day that I left. She quickly caught up to me so I didn't have time to get away.

"Y/n, I haven't seen you in forever, how are you?"

Did she just forget everything, how could she forget everything that happened between us.

I had a choice to make, and I had a split second to decide how to play this.

"I am so so sorry, but who are you?"

The hurt on her face was worth everything in the world. She could rip me to shreds then expect me to be civil. That is the most ridiculous thing ever.

    "You don't remember me? After everything we've been through? How can you not remember me?"

    Oh god, not the plea of 'everything we've been through'. I am not here for the manipulation.

   "I am truly sorry ma'am, but you're just a stranger to me. I don't know who you are."

   I mean, she is a stranger to me now I didn't lie there.

   "Oh shoot. I'm really sorry Miss. You look exactly how my best friend looked."

   "I am so sorry ma'am. Have a good day."

    I walked away from her and I was officially waking away from that life. Natasha was officially a stranger and I was okay with that.