Shes dead, and you killed her

Y/n's Pov

Warnings: storming out, fighting, past being brought up, idk what else.

It has been five years since I last went back to the compound. I hadn't really felt a need to go back after Natasha and I had a huge fight. We both got really mad and I stormed out.

   I somehow ended up in Nevada and lived a nice life out there. But it's time to come back home now because Tony said they needed me.

   I wasn't about going back because the person who was in love with Natasha died, and she killed her.

     I had gone four years with out our fight affecting me or my actions. The first year was rough but I met some people and they helped me get though it.

    It was a seven and a half hour plane ride but it didn't matter because Tony flew out a private jet so I would be comfortable.

   I fell asleep on the plane so it didn't really bother me too much. When I landed, I grabbed a cab and headed to the compound.

  When I got out of the cab, I faced the compound and it looked extremely intimidating. I swallowed my fear of the place and walked in like I owned the place.

    "I'm back!" I yelled so everyone would be able to hear me. Everyone quickly came running and smiled at the sight of me.

     "Y/N BARNES! You left for five years and you just now decided to come back, what changed?"

   Steve was clearly upset by me just randomly coming back because he started to yell at me, but then his voice got soft like he was going to cry.

   I simply walked up and hugged him. "I'm so so sorry Uncle Steve, I just couldn't stay here."

   He hugged me tighter and I felt extremely happy. I forgot what it was like to be loved like this. When I pulled away from the hug, I realized that my dad, Natasha, and Tony weren't there.

   "Hey, Pete, where is Tony, my dad, and Nat?"

  He looked like he was going to cry as I asked that question. "They all went on a mission. They will be back soon."

   I could tell Peter wanted to end the conversation but Clint just had to say something. "Peter, we all know that they are going to kill each other."

   I was confused by his statement. They all seemed to like each other before I left.

   "What do you mean by that?" I asked with my curiosity getting the better of me.

   "Peter means that Tony, Nat, and I haven't been getting alone to good since you left." My dad hugged me as he finished his sentence.

   "I missed you baby. What made you come back?"

   I guess Tony didn't tell them I was only back because a computer was broken. I wasn't going to rain on their parade so I humored them.

   "I'm back because I missed you guys. Five years is a long time. But I needed it for myself." I smiled at the fact that I was willing to admit that.

   "Yeah, Y/n takes a lot of her time to herself. Especially when she's fighting with someone. She'll just randomly walk out and decide she needs time to herself."

  Clearly Natasha was still mad about what happened. I mean, understand why, but it happened five years ago.

   I chose to ignore what she said because I didn't I would have started arguing with her again. "Anyways, since I'm here, how is everyone?"

   I casually sat down on the couch with a smile. Everyone could feel the tension between Natasha and I but they chose to ignore it.

"So, Y/n, where did you end up?" Tony asked as he sat down across from me.

"In Nevada. I was offered a job in Las Vegas and I took it. I met my wonderful husband there and I have built a beautiful life."

   Everyone looked stunned that I was married. Well, everyone but my dad. I had to have him at my wedding or it wouldn't have felt right.

  "You're married? Does Bucky know?" Steve asked clearly confused.

   "Yeah Steve. I was in the wedding. Her husband is a great man. You would love him."

    That lead to the question of who my husband is. I was actually shocked by who asked it.

   "So, who is your husband?" Carol asked as she walked into the room.

   "Nick Stokes. And I'm done with the questions. I've gotta help tony."

   Nobody liked that answer but they had to deal with it. I was always good at getting out of weird situations.

    I was so close to leaving the room when Natasha started to speak. "So, Y/n/n, what happened to the girl I loved who would never date a man as long as she lived?"

   I hated that she called me Y/n/n but what I hated more is that she thought I wouldn't change in five years.

   "She died Natasha. And you killed her." I quickly rushed down to Tony's lab avoiding everyone. The thing I was fixing should have only took ten minutes but I made it take hours because I didn't want to deal with them.

  I had just finally finished the computer when I got a text from my dad. It said I should meet him up in his room.

   When I got up there, he was laying on the bed with our book. I didn't actually think he would still have it.

   I laid down next to him as he read to me some of the book. I missed how everything is here, and I even considered moving back but then I saw a picture of me and Natasha.

   It was when we went to a pumpkin patch and we had very different pumpkins. That was three days before our fight and I remembered how sad I was.

   I made the choice to leave and I had just made another to not come back home to live. I was quickly taken out of my thoughts as I fell asleep listening to my dad and fighting off terrible memories of Natasha and I.

   A/n: I hit 11k reads. That may not seem like a lot for how long I've had this book out but I'm proud because I worked hard on it when I had time to. Have a wonderful day guys and I start break Saturday so hopefully more parts will be coming. Any special requests? I'm open to anything.