ran haitani

genre: fluff

stepping inside the house, he got confused, did his wife and his kid went out? he turned on the lamps, getting confused over the silence. no one at the living room as he walked into the house. closing the door, he looked around,

"love?" he called out gently. peeking to the kitchen, no one. he looked around more, no one. it was really quiet and it's unusual for him. his wife, y/n usually waited for him, with their first child, cheering like,

"daddy's home! yayy!"

as she carried the child, both of them giggling, being all giddy as ran got back. and that's his favourite moment of all.

but today is different. he slightly confused but more to feel worried over the silence. after looking around, he decided to get upstairs. jogs a bit wont hurt, he thought.

"my love?" ran haitani, again calling out his wife, looking around at the upstairs floor. he went straightly to their room, guessing maybe they would be there.

he opened the door, but just to see unbothered bed, a dark room. he turned on the lamp, looking around the room for once again, but receive nothing.

he began worried, did they went out or anything? but that's impossible. he took off his coat, as he loosen his tie too. he threw his coat onto the bed then decided to search for them back.

"y/n? where are you?" his voice raised a bit, walking around, as he went to his work room or maybe called as, his office. but again, dark room. he didnt bothered to turn on the lamp, so he closed the door back.

one more room, he jogged to the room, opened the door. he turned on the lamp, just to see two cute creatures laying down on the floor, facing each other, sleeping peacefully.

as he finally saw his world, he relieved a sigh. he frowned a while before smiling back towards both of them. he silently walked towards them, then sat beside them.

staring to his beloved wife, he realised, the dark circles around her eyes. he smiled softly, before caressing her head. he knew so well, taking care of a baby must be tiring. he experienced it, and he knew it well. but each of you got your own responsibilities.

ran, as the husband, gave her everything. and y/n, being the wife, turns everything to 'home'. and both of them never complain anything. but of course, he knew it so well, the mothers, really deserve the world. as he thought, he might know how tired is taking care a baby, but he will never know, how tired to carry a whole baby, 9months. and he will never know, how does it feels half-die and half-alive over fighting giving birth.

so it's impossible for him, to ignore her. to abandon her. impossible for haitani ran who is really gentleman and loving guy. he wished he could do everything, but he need to work, and be away. and to appreciate his wife, endlessly and unconditionally.

"love..?"

he snapped out of his thoughts as he heard gentle voice. he immediately looked towards his wife, just to see her rubbing her eyes, just got up from the deep sleep.

"im sorry to wake you up, sweetheart. but your back might be hurt" he smiled gently. he slowly picked up the baby, holding him, with loves.

"sorry..i accidentally slept here.." she said as she yawned. ran chuckled, then tuck her hair behind her ear, "go to bed, i'll put c/n to his bed" he slowly got up. as he felt someone tug to his shirt, he peeked behind him, just to see her tugging to his shirt cutely.

he smiled, then walked away from the room as she followed him from behind.

"i told you, it's okay, right? i already ate. let's skip a dinner together for tonight ok? if c/n cry later, wake me up too. i'll cook while you take care of him, sounds good hm?"

ran, slowly whispered as he kept on caressing her hair, as both of them already on the bed, getting ready to sleep after putting their child to his bed, which is in the same room.

y/n nodded, as she got closer to him, hugging him before closing her eyes. he smiled, before kissing her forehead,

"i really glad i met you, y/n. i really am"

what was the ending— it sounded lame but whatever :>