baji keisuke

genre: angst
inspired by a song "in another life"

"baji-san.....died...he stabbed himself..."

the moment your world turned dark. the moment you fell on your knees. the moment you couldn't feel anything but tears streaming down your cheeks. the darkest moment ever.

"y/n..dear.." you heard a sweet woman's voice, making you immediately looked towards her.

baji's mother.

obviously, her eyes swollen already. but as she saw you, she began crying again, as both of you immediately hugged each other, crying on each other's shoulders.

"he's gone, y/n... he's gone..i can't take it" you can do nothing but just caressing her back, trying your best to comfort herself.

after a while, she pulled out the hug, she looked at you with her red eyes, "you should go look at him...

for the last time, y/n. i'll wait you here"

"h-hey...

this is one of your prank...right..?"

standing beside the hospital's bed, beside the dead body. staring over his sleeping pale face, you closed your mouth with your hand, tightly. you're shaking as you couldn't breath properly, but you tried so hard,

as you inhaled, exhaled slowly. you held his cheek gently, feeling the cold of his body.

you smiled slowly, staring at him, "k-kei...keisuke, i know you can hear me now.. i just want to tell you..

you're a good person.. always been my happy pill. you're too good.. me, your mom, and others, always and forever, love you.. okay?

i..." you shook your head. you got too much things to say, but it just stuck at your throat. you backed away, before saying that you're done.

the funeral went well. surprisingly, you managed to not cry much. thinking you should be stronger than his mom, so you could comfort her.

at the end of the day, you sent his mom. also put her to bed. you two absolutely so close towards each other, knowing you're the one tutor her son. him having a girlfriend, equals for her having a daughter which made her very grateful that his son chose a right person.

it's been two weeks already.

you always visit his grave, and having breakdowns day by day, in front of his grave. knowing it's the only safe place for you to pour out what you felt.

you once cried in front of your family, but as they knew your boyfriend's death is the reason, they went,

"that's why i told you not to have a boyfriend unless you finish your studies"
"i told you already, it's dangerous to have a delinquent as your boyfriend"

leaving you felt unsafe to cry at house, even in your room.

so now, here you are. praying as you show some respect. after that, you looked at his gravestone, couldn't help, but imagined himself grinning towards you,

"....i miss you...everyone are.."

"y-your mom..is good. i promise, to always check up on her, ok? it's been too hard for her.."

"hm..im sorry i can't get in your room, open the window and give cats food yet..it's..painful..."

"i already inform the school, and bring back all your stuffs in your locker to your house. i cleaned your locker already.."