Chapter Three

Alex Solace

   He's smiling at me.

This motherfucker is smiling at me.

Why? I genuinely have no fucking clue.

As we sit with our heads on the joint desk, turned to the side as we face each other, he starts smiling when Echo by Starset plays.

The teacher isn't even teaching. The movie School of Rock with Jack Black plays in the background as he sits on his ass texting guys back on Grindr.

...He has a wife.

Elias' smiling prompts one of my own as I try and figure out why he has that cheesy ass look on his face.

I pause the music and quirk a brow, laughing at his dumbass face. "Why are you smiling at me?"

He shrugs and his smile only gets brighter.

You know those commercials where the men are smiling so bright that the editors make a specific tooth in their mouth shine and make the 'ting' sound?

That's him right now.

"I've never met a girl who has the same taste as me. What else do you like?" He snuggles into the desk, patiently waiting for my answer.

My music taste is weird. I have Starset and Chase Atlantic mixed in my playlist. I have some Arctic Monkeys, then it turns chill and relaxing with Khalid, but it gets depressing and you start hearing Adele or Brother by Kodaline.

   (A/n: did I make this paragraph just so I could tell you guys about my actual playlist? Yes. Yes I did.)

So I tell him just that. I don't have a specific taste really, I like what I like.

He hums in amusement as he listens to me speak. I like how he finds it so fucking funny how my words slur and stop making sense due to my tiredness. He laughs when I stop talking about music completely and the topic turns over to our siblings.

   "I love Mateo s'much you know?" My eyes threaten to close and my words turn my slurred and drawn out. "He's only five, he's like a little baby."

   "I get it." He hums. "Angelica and I aren't too far apart in age. She's a freshman and she goes here so you might see her around. She pisses me off sometimes but...they're younger than us. It's like their job to piss us off."

   "Mmm." My eyes are fully closed at this point, and his voice only pulls me into a deeper sleep.

   His chuckle makes the desk vibrate and I can feel it against my ear. My phone is ripped from my hands and music plays, only at a slightly lower volume than before.

   "Sleep," he commands. "I'll wake you up when we have to leave."

   "If you say so."

   Before darkness consumes me, something is thrown over my shoulders and I feel a soft hand against mine under the desk. The same hand uses it's thumb to graze my knuckles and if I wasn't on the verge of passing out, the tingles I felt would have overwhelmed my body completely.

   "Why are you so fucking adorable?" Is all I hear before darkness evades my mind.
_______________________________
Elias Salazar

   She's so pretty- FUCK!

   With her head smushed to the side, it makes her lips pucker as she tries to breathe.