Chapter Ten

Alex Solace

"Over... under... now over again..." He mutters under his breath as he pokes his lip out in concentration.

It's now Tuesday and Elias and I are in sixth period. The teacher isn't even here today so basically- it's lazy hour.

Elias kept poking my thigh and whining about how he was bored. At first I found it adorable, but when he started pulling my freshly washed, wavy hair- that's where I draw the line.

I asked him what I was supposed to do and all he said was 'entertain me.'

So now he's braiding my hair.

He hasn't complained so far so I would say it's keeping him fairly occupied.

He stands behind me and braids multiple braids in my hair. Some big, some small. He would smile when the small braids would stay together without a rubber band, and would frown when the big ones would come apart in seconds.

"Motherfucking- Solace! Do me a favor?" I turn my head and side-eye him. Giving him the go ahead to continue. "Open my bag, there's a small pouch in there, can you get it, please?"

My lips purse and I reach to the back of his chair where his bag hangs, being sure to keep my head still and not ruin his artwork. I pull his bag onto my lap and start my search.

After some seconds, I find a plain black pouch and raise it in the air, "Yeah, that one! There's going to be some hair ties inside, can you get them?"

Oh...kay? I open the pouch and my eyes bug out. I see some pads, a few tampons, the hair ties in question, and a few more feminine things like a mini tube of Vaseline and travel size containers of mousse and hair spray.

"Why the hell do you have this?" I ask as I pull out the hair ties and put the pouch away.

"Angelica." He says simply. "It's like a personal pouch for her incase she needs anything. After the time I told you about with her period, the pouch has been a fucking life saver." He throws his head back and exclaims dramatically in relief.

My heart swells in my chest. "You keep a pouch for your sister?" My lips curl up.

"Of course." He shrugs. "I even have a change of leggings for her in my locker. When we graduate though, the brat is fucked."

An unattractive snort bubbles through and I hand him the hair ties.

"Thanks. How many braids can I make?"

"... How many are you willing to take out?"

"...Uh... I'm gonna need help taking out 15 braids." He winces.

"15?!"

"I'm sorry!" He cries. "I got too excited! I'll take them all out, don't worry." He kisses the top of my head quickly. "I'll give you a pretty hairstyle at the end, sweet cheeks. I swear."

My cheeks burn and I grumble out an 'okay'.

I hear his smirk at my flushed cheeks through his slow chuckle. Asshole.

There's something about Elias. He's just so... cute and cheeky. He's just an adorable guy with a silly personality. And he knows it too.

He's slowly starting to worm his way into my life. Our daily routines of going to lunch together, reading books together, he's even been coming with me to pick up Mateo. I do feel bad for Angelica because she has to walk home, but Elias ensured me that she doesn't mind. If anything she prefers to walk because she likes being outside.