Chapter Twenty

Elias Salazar

   Saturday.

   Who doesn't love Saturdays?

People who love being productive that's who.

Anyways- back to your regularly scheduled programming.

It's only been about two-ish days since Alex and Mateo came to stay with us for a bit and personally- I'm loving it.

   I love it when she's in her 'room' and I randomly come up behind her for a hug, I love it even more when she leans into my hold and rubs my arms that are wrapped around her middle.

   I love it when she's in my room and she lets me cuddle her. I fucking love it when she lays her head on my chest and when she snuggles into my body. For some reason, she only does that when I have the blanket on top of us, so I get cuddles and warmth.

   I've been in heaven.

But the one thing I love the most was when I came into her 'room' and she ended up coming into bed with me.

(Flashback)

My fist punches the pillow repeatedly and I dig my face into it to find some comfort.

Goddamit- what the hell is wrong with me?!

I've been trying to go to sleep for the past hour and I just can't. I've tried hugging a pillow, I've tried numerous sleeping positions, I even tried doing what Angelica does where I put a pillow between my legs.

It didn't work.

I groan loudly and flip my body to the right side, looking away from my door.

   I put my arm under the pillow and grab a different one to hold close to me with my left arm. I nuzzle my head into the pillow and sigh.

   Okay, maybe I can sleep now.

   One minute goes by.

   Three minutes go by.

   Five fucking minutes go by.

   Ten fucking- fuck this.

   I groan and whine childishly and throw the blanket over and off my body, my feet hitting the floor with a loud thud and I huff in frustration. I grab my phone on the nightstand and check the time. 11:46. She has to be awake.

   I rub my eye with the heel of my palm to wake up my eyes seeing as how they were closed for so long in my pathetic attempt at sleep and I head out of my room and make my way downstairs.

   The room she's staying in is only a few feet awake from my parents, so I have to tiptoe a bit before I get to her. I cross the carpet floors with ease and I finally reach her door.

   Maybe I can get some sleep this way.

   I slowly turn the knob and creak the door open slightly, knowing that even if she is awake, Mateo probably isn't.

   The bed comes into view and I was right. Mateo sleeps soundly on his stomach and my girl is cuddled up behind him, her arm draped over his back and she uses her other arm as a pillow on top of the pillow she has.

   Dammit. She's asleep.

   Oh well.

   I walk into the room and head over to her side. She's so pretty. I slowly peel off the blanket from her body and I pull her shoulder towards me so that her body falls flat on the bed, putting her on her back.