Chapter Fourty-Six

If I see a single person come at Maya for her stutter, on my fucking mother I will mute you so you never comment or read my story again. Her stutter increases when she's overwhelmed and she can't help it. It's something she CANNOT control. You don't wanna read it then SKIP.

You all knew since I introduced her character that she has a stutter. You don't have to like it or read it, but don't fucking comment on it bc some people seriously do stutter violently when they're crying/overwhelmed and they can't form words properly. Myself included.

Maya slander will not be tolerated. Now onto the story.
_______________________________

Elias Salazar

   Have I said how pretty she is lately? No. I don't think I have.

   How rude of me.

   She's utterly gorgeous. Stunning. Ethereal. She's my own goddamn Disney princess.

   And all she's doing is munching on some fries.

   "And then-!" She mumbles with a mouthful of fry, pointing angrily towards her place of work. "The stupid bitch was like 'is this even your department? You don't look like you know what you're talking about.' Elias, when I tell you I started crying because I was so mad! All it would've taken was to pull her walker out of her hands and- oooooh!"

   So... apparently today isn't a good day.

   She's on her lunch break so I decided to come over here and spend it with her. Little does she know I'm gonna start doing this more often. There's something about watching her fill her belly with food while talking about the old ladies and asshole people she encounters that makes my heart feel full.

   "But anyway-" she huffs while taking the last bite of her fries "—what's Mateo doing?"

   I swallow the rest of the burger I had in my mouth. "Before I left he and Angelica were playing dress up in the living room. She put on some Disney movie for him and then started trying to make him a dress out the shit ton of scarves my mom has."

   It was honestly kind of funny. He was too mesmerized by the movie to care what she was putting on him.

  She blanched at me. "You bitchhh." She gasps. "And you didn't take pictures?!"

   "How was I supposed to know to take pictures?!"

   She scoffs, taking a big bite of burger before chewing and swallowing just enough to get her words out. "You better hope he still has it on by the time you get back."

   Yes ma'am.

   Some moments of silence pass, both of us just trying to finish our roof before she speaks up. "You really don't think your family minds watching him while I work?"

   My girl, the love of my life, the person that makes my chest burn with how beautiful she is... is so fucking thickheaded that it actually concerns me.

   "...I should shake the shit out of you."

   "WHY?!"

   I turn to look at her, chuckling at her flabbergasted state. I wipe off some mustard she has at the corner of her mouth, "Sweet cheeks, how many times... do I have to tell you that they don't care? Seriously. They don't give two shits!" I exclaim.

   "But-"

   "Nope, shut the fuck up," she gapes and I think it's because I don't normally talk to her like that. But seriously, this soft and delicate shit I try to do with her doesn't work sometimes. I need to yell at her in order for it to stay in her brain.