Chapter Thirty-Five

I'll say it again, since some people don't know how to read.

ANY AND ALL MEDICAL/LEGAL/LAW BULLSHIT IN THIS BOOK IS EITHER MADE UP OR CLOSE TO THE TRUTH BUT NOT EXACTLY THE TRUTH. That goes for this chapter and chapter 36 and EVERY FUCKING CHAPTER AFTER THAT!

Stop saying in my comments "that's not true," or "they can't do that by law."

ITS NOT FUCKING REAL! THE RULES OF THE LAW IN THIS BOOK IS MADE UP!

Holy FUCK. Anyways, back to your regularly scheduled programming.
_______________________________

Alex Solace

I got a job.

I got a fucking job.

It's at Walmart, the hours are flexible which is fucking amazing considering I have Mateo, but the point is I have a job.

And thank fuck I don't start for another week and a half. It gives me time to find a credible place to watch Mateo while I'm at work. Don't people take their kids to a recreational center or a fucking after school program like the YMCA?

Whichever it is, I have a week to find a place.

I feel good. My heart is beating really quick and my ass is clenching with nerves, but for the most part, I feel really good.

After the run in I had with Teresa a few weeks ago when I told her about Elias, I've kept my distance. I'll have her watch Mateo here and there, and to my surprise she never puts up a fight. Maybe because she knows that she's been a piece of shit mother and is trying to... I don't know. Make up for it.

That's what happened before I left the house.

I wanted to go over to Elias' to tell him the good news in person, so I swallowed my pride and asked her to watch Mateo for an hour or two. It's not like she has anything else to do.

She was sitting there at the kitchen table counting bills. While she doesn't have a job, she has a shit load of money that she made off of me. So we've been good about rent and utilities and probably will be for the next few years or so.

She just nodded her head and went over to Mateo's room to watch him. Sometimes I worry about their interactions, but Mateo seems fine. He doesn't have behavioral issues, he doesn't act differently when he comes to me after she watches him. So my guess is they just ignore each other the whole time.

So now I'm shitting bricks as I drive over to Elias' house, ready to tell him the news.

Like I said, I'll be working part time so I'll be making part time money, but I need some source of income if I want any shot at adoption.

And I've made a decision.

I'm gonna give Teresa the papers. Today. I'm gonna do it today.

In a few hours. I just want a few hours before I do.

I pull up to Elias' house with the weight of the world on my shoulders. He knew how hard I was trying to look for a job and how much I struggled. What I didn't tell him was that a while ago, I went to a shit ton of interviews. I guess I didn't wanna disappoint him or myself by getting excited too quickly.

I knock on his door, bouncing on the balls of my feet with excitement. I rub my hands together with anticipation and breathe out my nerves, seeing my breath against the cold air, my cheeks and nose probably pink.