Chapter Fifty

The next two chapters are gonna be kinda fluffy. Hopefully, you guys enjoy it!
_______________________________

Alex Solace

   I got a court summons in the mail as I was unpacking.

   I'm not getting sued- thank fuck- but it was more so a reminder that the court date is coming up soon.

   Two weeks soon.

   Two weeks. There's no way it's been two months already.

   But you know what? I feel good. I don't feel scared at all. Nervous- of course- because it's court, but other than that I feel fine. I feel... Like everything's gonna be okay and I can finally take a fucking breath.

   Elias and I are supposed to be at school- but is it really a surprise to anyone that we're not? It shouldn't. Mateo's at school though, which means he's getting as much of an education that a 5-year-old can get.

   So now I'm driving to his job, feeling a bit nervous and sweaty. He told me he wasn't going to school because he just didn't feel like it, and because of that, it meant he had to work today. So I'm sort of surprising him on the job.

   I'm not nervous because of his dad- Antonio and Carmen love me- I'm  just nervous to see him.

   It feels like when we first started dating, How I was always so nervous to see him, touch him, look at him. He just... he makes my mind and stomach go crazy and he doesn't even realize it.

   Now that I look back on it, that whole talk about distance was bullshit on my part, because there I am now, running to him like a lost puppy. A puppy that misses its owner- I'm pathetic.

   Telling him everything.. it just lifted this hundred-pound weight off my shoulders. I feel so much freaking lighter, freer, happier, and less stiff. I feel like air can finally reach my lungs. And the fact that he still wants to be with me after hearing all of that? I feel.. like I'm capable of being loved.

   He knows that's why I was crying the first time we did things, and even though he was shaking with boiling-hot rage, he held me. He stroked my hair. Kissed my forehead. Shh'd down my cries of pain. And all in all... he's still here. We're still us.

   So yeah, safe to say the whole distance thing was probably in the moment because I was overwhelmed. Which is part of what I'm going to tell him. I also have to break some other news. Some good, some he'll whine over 'cause he's a clingy son of a bitch, but he'll be happy because it means I get to spend more time with him.

   I turn the corner and pull into the parking lot, feeling the corners of my lips turn up in a smile as I imagine his face in my head. His dimples, his hair, his smile, his hands- everything about him.

   My heart flips when I pick up the sub sandwiches I bought us, feeling excited to eat and spend time with my boyfriend.
_______________________________
Elias Salazar

   I wipe my rag across my forehead, tossing it over my shoulder and huffing out a laugh.

   Someone cut this bitches breaks. I've been working on this guy's car for as long as I've been working, looks like karma finally caught up to him. Someone finally had the balls to cut his breaks, the reason for his latest appearance.

   "What's the word, mijo?" Pa walks into the garage through his office, patting one of my coworkers, Miguelito, on the back. He's covered from head to toe in his winter uniform as he calls it. Two layers of black with a black workers jacket and beige overalls on top, paired with a beanie to cover his bald head.