Chapter Thirty-Four*

I'm too proud of this chapter not to post it, so I'm posting it today instead of tomorrow.

Deal with it.
_______________________________

Alex Solace

   "I'm gonna do it."

I'm gonna give her the papers.

I'm gonna shove the papers in Teresa's stupid fucking face.

Soon. I'll do it soon. But right now, I just want to have a few days of peace before I have to deal with her shit.

I've pushed this back for far too long. I've had the papers for weeks now, I've just been too much of a pussy to give them to her. Every time I look at them I chicken out and just end up hanging out with Elias to distract myself.

I can't keep doing that. I'm eighteen, I need to get this started and done. But first, I just want a few more days of peace before I do.

Lucky for me, it's the perfect time as any for a good day.

It's Elias' birthday.

Okay, maybe that's a lie. His birthday is technically tomorrow, but I'm preparing for it today. And the needy son of a bitch hasn't made it easy.

"Pleeeeeease."

"No."

"No-? Baby, just- please. It's my birthday tomorrow," his rough hands massaged the globes of my ass as he pressed me against the hood of his car. He shoved his face into my neck and peppered kisses all over the sensitive skin. "Just sleepover, I beg." I snort.

I giggled and pushed at his chest, smiling at his pouty face. "I can't. Mateo's not feeling good and I have everything I need at my house." I lie through my teeth.

"Okay then I'll go to your house," he tries.

"I'm not gonna sleep in my bed tonight. I'm gonna be in his room watching him."

A cute, boyish frown coats his face and his shoulders sag, looking like a kicked puppy. His hands dropped from my ass and now they just hang loosely at his sides.

   Aww. He looks so sad.

   I bite the inside of my cheek to hold back a smile but fail miserably. My hands come up to cup his cheeks which instantly bring a smile onto his face. "I'll sleepover tomorrow, not tonight."

He looks down and sighs, "I mean... at least I'll see you at school."

I wince.

His face drops into complete horrification. "I'm not gonna see you at school?!"

"I'm sorry!" I hold his face tighter. "Mateo's not feeling good and I'm the only one that can watch him." I feel bad for lying to him like this, but I have the perfect idea for his birthday gift and I need the day to prepare.

His pout comes back and I swear I see his lip wobble. "I swear I'll make it up to you."

   He looks at my face thoughtfully before sighing. "...You promise?"

   I grin, "I promise. Kiss me goodbye?"

   "Fuck yes," he moans and steals my lips in a harsh kiss.

   It was still the afternoon when he left to go back to his house so I took the time to visit Robert. Something that I've... been doing lately. It's scary sometimes. Sometimes I feel like he's gonna wake up from the dead and scare the shit out of me. But sometimes it brings me an odd sense of... comfort? According to the doctors, he can hear us. Also according to the doctors, he has a very very slim change of waking up. Which puts my mind at ease when I remember it.