Chapter Thirty-Seven

This is REALLY starting to piss me off but since people don't know how to fucking read I have to do this again.

ANY AND ALL! LEGAL! MEDICAL! AND LAW RELATED BULLSHIT IN THIS BOOK IS MADE UP! These rules won't apply in real life! Stop saying shit like, "but isn't that not legally binding?"

READ THE FUCKING AUTHORS NOTES!

If I see one more comment that says 'but legally...' I'm deleting it. This isn't me being mean, it's me being pissed that people don't know how to read what I said the first time.
_______________________________

Alex Solace

   "I'm scared," I nearly whimper.

   "I know you are, love," he kisses my temple while holding the back of my head softly.

   "I'm really really scared," Now he's just laughing at me.

   I told Elias that I gave her a week. And as we stand outside of my locker in the mornings of early December, the coldest fucking month of the year, I realized that today- the week is up.

   She left somewhere yesterday and hasn't come back, which doesn't help my nerves at all. Who knows where the hell she could be.

I unzipped my jacket and Elias pulled it off my tense shoulders, kissing my right shoulder through my sweater in a sweet display of affection, but it felt just the same as if he were to kiss the skin bare. Anytime he kissed me I always felt a shiver run through my body, and I loved it. He always made me feel calm.

Except today.

He hung my jacket on the little hook in my locker, pulled out my school issued computer, and softly closed my locker shut. He tucked the computer under his arm and buttoned his jacket.

I know what I said. His jacket. The jean jacket.

Our jean jacket.

He finally gave it back to me, but I'm glad he kept it for so long. It smells just like him, all cozy and warm. And even if it looks completely un-matching to the pants and shoes I'm wearing, I don't really care. I love this jacket, and I wanna wear it.

"Everything will be fine, sweet cheeks." A subconscious smile pulled at my lips at the nickname. "And if everything's not fine, then we'll figure something out. Now I need you to breathe," he ordered as he pulled the last button through the loop.

   I exhale a dramatic breath, puffing out my cheeks and purposely shivering my body, "I'm breathing. I can breathe. I know how to breathe. But do it want to breathe? No."

   He gives me a bored look.

   "Okay, that's a lie. I like breathing. But I just-!" I raise my hands in frustration and clench them into fists. "I'm stressed. I'm tired. I haven't slept. I haven't ate-"

   "Why didn't you tell me you couldn't sleep?" His voice comes out with deep concern as his eyes trail over my face to inspect the eye bags that, while they were always there, are more prominent now than before. "It's not that big of a deal, Elias. I don't sleep most days anyway. I'll be lucky if I even get four hours." I scoff.

   I wasn't lying either. For some reason I just... I just can't sleep. This has been for my whole life. Or at least since I can remember. I just can't sleep. I don't know why. And my phone isn't the problem. I just genuinely cannot go to sleep and it frustrates me a lot.