Chapter Thirty-One*

You're welcome <3
_______________________________

Elias Salazar

  "Hand me the car jack, would you, baby?" I grunt while taking off this asshole's tires.

Fucking prick.

"Uhm... the red monkey with the tail?" She explains a car jack in her own cute way.

I chuckle under my breath, "The monkey with the tail."

I hear some scraping on the floor before she passes me something that's not a car jack and most certainly does not look like a monkey with a tail.

I sigh exasperatedly and rest my head against the left back door of this guy's car. "That's not a fucking car jack, Alex. It's the damn red thing over there." I say a bit snappy and point over to the tool that actually looks like a monkey with a tail.

A scared frown forms on her lips and she hangs her head in shame. Fuck, I'm an ass. She walks over to the car jack timidly and drags it over to me, giving me a soft smile to hide her hurt. But I can see as clear as day that she's biting her lip to keep it from wobbling.

She shyly walks back over to the chair and table I've brought in here for her and starts typing on my laptop, finding more jobs to apply for. When I hear her clear her throat and see her eyes gloss over I feel a crack in my heart.

I've never snapped at her like that.

I drop the tire and lean it against the car, coming up to her and gently picking up her hand, motioning for her to stand. She does so softly and gives me a pained smile, trying to look as if I didn't snap at her like the asshole I am.

My hands cup both of her cheeks and I land a soft smooch to her lips. "I'm sorry, baby." I kiss her again. "This asshole," another kiss. "Fuckin' pisses me off every time." I kiss her nose. "I didn't mean to yell." A fat smooch to her lips.

   She gives me a tiny, real smile. Looking up at me with her gorgeous brown eyes. "It wasn't very nice of you."

   "I know it wasn't," I kiss her again, this time harder. My tongue slips into the sweet haven that is her mouth, giving her lazy strokes of my tongue, trying to make up for what I did. "I'm sorry for yelling, love. Forgive me?"

   Her hands rest on my forearms and I shiver from how cold they are. Being in a mechanics shop, it's always gonna be cold. Maybe because of the concrete flooring and all the metal. I should give her my jacket. And it has been colder out, what with it being almost mid November and all.

   She nods happily. My sweet girl. When she gets all shy and sweet like this she doesn't really give verbal responses. She just nods or shrugs or even traces the skin on my arms. But any other time she's loud and confident with her words, she says what's on her mind and isn't afraid of anyone. And I love both sides of her.

   My Alex.

   I give her one last, deep kiss before rubbing her cheeks and kissing her forehead, letting her go so we can both continue our work.

   Staying true to my word, I head over to my dad's office where my jacket is, giving Mateo a pat on his head and walking out.

   I wrap the jacket around my sweet cheeks and she gives me an appreciative smile. That's how she's feeling right now. She's all shy with smiles and nods and I wouldn't have her any other way.
________________________________

   After thirty minutes of working I hear a frustrated grunt.

   "Problems, baby?" I shout from under this assholes car.