fourty nine;moving to new york

Delilah, Mabel, Clelia and Jolie had all decided to rent an apartment in New York

Delilah, Mabel, Clelia and Jolie had all decided to rent an apartment in New York. At first they had looked around a few places in Toronto, but the sisters said none of the places really felt like home. So even though Brooklyn didn't really feel like home to Delilah, a part of her wanted to make them happy, hence why she suggested moving back to Brooklyn, the girls birth place.

"I recognise you from somewhere." Delilah was currently lying on the sofa, her feet up resting on the arm.

She had directed her comment towards Clelia, the girl smirking in return, "Maybe you've seen me in a few films."

At this Delilah pulled a face, "I don't watch porn."

The smirk instantly fell from Clelia's mouth, and then appeared on Mabel's. She always enjoyed people humbling Clelia. "I don't do porn." The blonde sat up straighter, "I'm an actual actress. Won an Oscar and everything."

Maybe that was where Delilah had seen her, on some picture online showing all the female Oscar winners through the years. She quite liked to look at those.

"So you were good at acting then?" As soon as she asked it Delilah knew that was a silly question, obviously Clelia was good at acting, otherwise she wouldn't have won an Oscar. "I mean it must have been hard for you when you had to stop."  

In those moments, Clelia's face was the picture of sadness. Acting was the love of her life. She would never be able to get rid of the feeling that she felt when she woke up and knew there was no way she could act again.

"It was hard for the both of them." Jolie spoke for her sisters, "Mabel was a singer."

Shock was written on Delilah's face, "Really?"

"I wasn't a very famous one. I just sang the singing parts for actresses that couldn't sing. That's all."

It seemed they were a very talented family.

"What did you do Jolie? Please tell me you were a dancer, or a model, or something."

The girl smiled shyly, "Oh no," She moved her eyes to the table in front of her, "I was never blessed with any talents."

For a few seconds the brunette almost felt bad for asking.

"Well, do any of you have any gifts?" At least she could try to lift Jolie's spirits, hopefully it wouldn't just be her two sisters that had gifts, "You all know mine, but I don't know yours."

"We all have gifts. Despite what Jolie may say, all three of us are talented." Clelia paused and closed her eyes for a few seconds, "Who wants to go first?"

"I will," Mabel moved to sit on the chair near Delilah's, "Mine is the most boring after all."

At first Delilah was very confused, nothing was happening at all, Mabel was just sat looking at her. "Are you unsure, Delilah?" Weirdly Mabel's voice was louder than ever.