six; cigarette daydreams

Isabella Swan had received a rather unpleasant text when she got home from school that day

Isabella Swan had received a rather unpleasant text when she got home from school that day. One she wasn't exactly prepared for.

'Fuck off if you think I'm ever speaking to the Cullens for you again.' Read the message from Delilah George, who was clearly in a sour mood.

Isabella wasn't sure why the sourness was directed at her though, it wasn't like she asked Delilah to say anything for her, in fact she didn't even want her to. However, she wasn't going to argue with Delilah, she quite liked having her as a friend, so instead she texted her back explaining how sorry she was.

In return Delilah replied telling the girl that it was fine and not to worry about it, which made Bella question if the first text was even serious at all. She had thought the stubborn girl would be moody for a bit longer.

In truth Delilah was still in a mood, but not at Bella, she knew that it wasn't the quiet girls fault. It was all actually Rosalie Hale's fault.

If it wasn't for Rosalie then Delilah wouldn't have Maya questioning her again.

"What did that blonde say to you today?" Unfortunately for Delilah, she couldn't escape the questioning. Unless she decided to open the car door and roll out.

"Which blonde?" She had decided to play dumb, but she knew it wouldn't work.

"The freaky one."

Delilah rolled her eyes. "She's not freaky."

"Whatever." Maya blew smoke out of the car window before speaking again. "Just tell me what she said."  

"I don't want to."

This was new, Delilah typically told Maya almost everything. That was up until recently.

"You don't want to?" Maya's voice was slow and threatening, a tone she rarely used with her sister.

"No."

"Why's that?" Delilah knew her sisters blood was boiling, she didn't take well to being told no.

"Because it's none of your business."

Maya let out a loud laugh, one that unsettled Delilah's stomach. "Everything in this town is my business. Every single thing that everyone does I know about. That includes you."

The George sisters loved each other, they were not only sisters but best friends too. However, in times like this Delilah hated her family, they were so obsessed with knowledge and power.

It made her feel sick.

"Can you hear yourself right now? You seriously sound crazy, you don't even like knowing everyone's business... but god, you are so obsessed with it."

She knew she should keep her mouth shut, she shouldn't have said anything like that to her sister. She completely trusted her but she had to be so careful what she said.