fifty six; doretha

"Jesus fucking christ

"Jesus fucking christ." Delilah George stood on a patch of grass, her hands clutching the large present she had brought with her. She hadn't intended to stand for as long as she had, but she couldn't take her eyes off of the two individuals in front of her.

They were the reason she hadn't moved in ten minutes. Or at least that was what she was telling herself.

The truth was she had never intended to return to this place. The house had so many bad memories - it was the turning point of her life in so many ways. Maybe if she had never come here that day, she wouldn't be in this situation now.

Over the past month and a half, Delilah had pondered a lot of 'what if's'. What if her parents never died? What if Bella Swan never moved to Forks? What if she never met Rosalie, or joined the Volturi? In the end, she drove herself mad with it. It was no good to question what would have happened if something never happened, because they all did happen. She could never change that.

She only wished she could change what she had become.

Which is what she had been trying to do. The day after Rosalie visited Kathryn's house, Delilah decided she needed a fresh start. As much as she wanted to go back to Italy and see Debbie and Cam again, she knew she could never go back there. If she did, she knew she would never leave. Not because the Volturi would hold her hostage, but because she knew there was always an open space there for her. Aro would accept her back if she did enough grovelling, and she knew she would grovel if faced with Jane.

She missed Jane. She always would.

Which is why she had bought herself a house in British Columbia. Whistler to be exact, it wasn't the cottage in France she had always dreamed of, but it was a place she could call home. She had googled the fuck out of snowy places to live, and while so far she had experienced more rain than snow, she couldn't bring herself to mind.

It was hard for Delilah at first, she couldn't remember a time in her life where she had ever been alone. Growing up she always had Maya, and when Maya started hanging around in different circles, Delilah always found herself in a relationship. She had even made a list of all the relationships she had been in.

TWELVE to FIFTEEN - Ben, this one ended as she realised if they got married her surname wouldn't change. She didn't want to be a George forever.
FIFTEEN - Joanna, okay so this wasn't a relationship so to speak. They would just mess around every now and then. But it still counted.
SIXTEEN - Lydia, again not a real relationship. But they were like a couple in private.
SEVENTEEN - Rosalie, self-explanatory.
SEVENTEEN - Reece, he wasn't her boyfriend but she wasn't alone. So he counts too.
SEVENTEEN to EIGHTEEN - Leah, self-explanatory again.
EIGHTEEN - Rosemary.... Delilah couldn't bring herself to make any notes on this relationship.

This was one of the main reasons Delilah had decided to move out of Kathryn's place. Sure, she could have gone back to the place she shared with the Bell sisters. However, then she still wouldn't have been by herself.