seventeen; air balloon

Delilah George had been having a hard time the past few weeks

Ever since she'd gotten home after the incident she'd felt...wrong. That was once she'd woken up anyway, the girl had spent a few weeks in a small coma, meaning she'd missed the school dance. While Delilah wanted to cry seen as she didn't get the chance to wear her dress, she also knew it could be a lot worse.

She could be dead...or rather un-dead.

But once Delilah had gotten over the disappointment of missing prom, she realised that something wasn't right. Instead of being her usual cold hearted self, she was being kind. And instead of arguing, she let anyone say what they wanted. Which wasn't very normal of Delilah George.

Instead of constant Lily Allen running around in her head, it was now some god awful tune that would have made the old Delilah pull her hair out.

It was fair to say that no one had picked up on the change in Delilah- or rather they had, but they had other priorities and put it to the back of her mind. Most of their problems came from Isabella Swan and Edward Cullen.

Now the old Delilah would have had an issue with that, she preferred to be the one causing mayhem for everyone else, but the new Delilah couldn't care less. She never got into any trouble anymore, mainly because her brain couldn't focus on it for too long.

And the old Delilah would have hated for no one to have noticed that something was wrong with her. But the new one didn't care, she was far too bothered about her best friends birthday.

"Happy Birthday Izzybelly!" Delilah George sprinted out of her sisters car and towards where Isabella stood in front of her red rusty truck. The brunette being rather annoyed that her best friend had just shouted out about her birthday in front of everyone.

"Delilah! Shush!" Bella hissed as Delilah's arms wrapped around her neck, "But thanks."

"Here here, I have a present." Just as Delilah pulled away and went to hand Bella the wrapped gift, it was taken out of her hands from behind. "Or maybe I don't."

The brunette whipped around to see Alice Cullen stood with the present in her hand, "I'm borrowing this."

Delilah's blue eyes focused on Alice, her brain processing her words rather slowly before shrugging, "Okay."

Jasper Hale, who was stood next to Alice, was expecting to feel Delilah's happy mood change to one of anger because of Alice. However the change never came, which worried Jasper slightly. Rosalie had told him that she thought Delilah was acting funny, and he'd brushed it off as her being paranoid. But maybe he was wrong to do so.