fifty eight: invisible string

As much as Delilah would have liked to stay hidden in Rosalie's room for all eternity, there was little to no privacy in the Cullen house and there were things Delilah needed to do

Like terrorise all her old archenemies - when Delilah said she was trying to be a good person, there was only so far she could go - besides, if she was going to live forever she had to have a little fun.

She had heard about a girl at Forks high school that was trying to be the next Delilah George. Maybe it was a bit of a stretch, but even so Delilah couldn't take the chance. Which is why she had spent her morning breaking into the girls house and appearing behind her every time she looked in the mirror.

Obviously Delilah was too scared to tell Rosalie or any of the other family members what she had done. They wouldn't see the funny side like Delilah did. Jane would probably have seen the funny side, but Jane wasn't here and she couldn't exactly text her.

It was just something Delilah would have to keep to herself for the foreseeable.

As Delilah started walking back to the Cullen house through she trees, she suddenly stopped in her tracks - just because she wouldn't tell them what she'd been doing, didn't mean they wouldn't know. Somehow the Cullen's found out everything, which meant Delilah's secret wouldn't be a secret.

Could they really be annoyed? It wasn't like she killed the girl, which she could have done if she really wanted to. She just wanted to give her a slight scare, plus it was funny..... right?

All of a sudden Delilah wasn't so confident in herself. Her horoscope reading for the day had told her she needed to avoid negative energy, and right now the Cullen's had negative energy written all over them.

So instead of returning to the Cullen house, Delilah went to the only place she could think of.

The bell chimed as she pushed open the door, the same as it did when she came here all those months ago. Or at least she thought it did, almost all of Delilah's memories had returned, even the ones from when she was starting to lose it. Although some things were still a bit foggy.

The diner - Betty's Diner, as it was called - was packed. For a split second Delilah was worried that someone would recognise her, however after a quick scan of the room everyone looked like out of towners. All bar one.

"Excuse me," The girl lifted her face, Delilah couldn't see her eyes through the sunglasses but she knew the girl was looking at her, "Do you mind if I sit here? Most of the other seats are taken."

The girl stood and pulled her bag from the opposite seat, "Go ahead."

Delilah slid in, she couldn't take her eyes off the person in front of her. "Thank you." Unfortunately the girl was too engrossed in her book to pay much attention, "I'm Delilah by the way, and you are?"

After a few seconds, Delilah thought she wasn't going to reply. Maybe she wasn't happy about being disturbed from her book, "Maya."

An unneeded sigh of relief left Delilah's lips, she knew it was her but a small part of her thought her mind had been playing tricks. "Nice to meet you Maya, you can call me Lily. Most of my friends do."