eight; family affair

"Do you tell your parents everything about me?"

Delilah George had only just climbed into the rusty truck of Isabella Swan when she was met with the question. She hadn't even had to time to check her appearance in the mirror.

"Sorry?"

"Do you tell your parents everything about me?" It was clear that Bella wasn't in the mood for any messing about.

"What makes you think I do?" The brunette had her blue eyes focused on Bella's brown ones, trying to read her as much as she could.

"Jess said you do."

At the words Delilah couldn't help the snigger that fell from her lips, along with a quick eye roll. "I didn't realise Jessica Stanley knew so much about my private life."

Apparently Isabella didn't find Delilah's joke funny. "Do you or don't you?"

Again Delilah rolled her eyes, although now it lacked humour. "If I'm being dead honest I was supposed to, they wanted me to get close to you so I could find everything out about you." Bella went to protest, but Delilah didn't let her. "However, I've known you for a few weeks now and I know almost nothing that would be of any relevance to them."

After a few seconds of thinking, Isabella spoke up. "Are you saying I'm not an interesting person?"

Finally Delilah broke out into a laugh. "Yes! Unfortunately Bell, I have nothing to tell them. Which means they hate both of our guts at the minute."

The Swan girl also broke into a laugh now, her angry facade dropping. "Sorry I'm so boring!"

"No worries, they'll get over it."

As the rusty red truck sped away from the George residence, Isabella decided to ask the to that was very selective over which questions she answered, some questions. First she started easy. "Do they actually hate your guts?"

"Not as much as Maya does." It was a case of speak the devils name and she shall appear this morning, as almost straight after Maya's names had been uttered, the black car sped past Bella's significantly slower one. "It's just the small things, like yesterday they took Maya out for something to eat but not me. That sort of stuff.... they still love me though."

Isabella wasn't sure if the last bit was added more for Delilah's benefit. "How come they adopted you?" Bella wasn't sure how else to phrase the question, she also knew it was a long shot that Delilah would tell her.

"I dunno, guess they wanted a sister for Maya."

"What happened to your parents?" This was probably the longest shot.