34. The Telling of Celestial

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR: The Telling of Celestial

The lights thrummed to life. Time was nonexistent in this room of confinement, "Feel like talking now?" His stab-wounding voice darkened with delectable danger, detectable treason. I felt it caress my skin as if cold murder is all I'm surrounding myself with when I stare into his green eyes, the chain anchoring me to the floor won't save him as much as it won't save me. Days turned into weeks, I wouldn't say a word, I wouldn't sign a contract, I would never bend to his will.

I couldn't.

"You want to tell your story before killing me. I'd rather pass peacefully than listen to the voice of arrogant dictatorship Criss-crossing at democracies dead-end. Which-in case your pea-brain didn't comprehend, your reign as a dictator, will fall the same way Celestial did because I was not completely bluffing when I said Parker will move onto my managers if I'm gone, and the last heir. Celestial didn't build Parker from the ground up." My voice didn't tremble like my heart did. My pulse resounding a racket in my already pounding ear.

He opens the barred door and slams a silver stool in front of me.

His guards did their rounds in this abandoned level of whatever house, warehouse, or abandoned property it was. The flower stands between us, two petals on the Poppy and silence filtering the air around me, before he leaned in, "Your defiance is admirable. Why don't we just talk? You've had weeks to complain about my vacancy for you, talk about what's real, what you thought was happening when the name 'Celestial' kept decorating your inner walls in that stuck-up mind of yours?" He begins with. His inner demon shadowing across mine, surveying it, wondering how much of a prey he thinks I am, or is he underestimating me for another predator under a similar family tree. A bloodline I wish was never there. At least with him.

"She never loved you." I whisper.

He leans forward, "That thin ice you're walking on is cracking, care to utter that again?" He asks, hand cupping the back of his ear.

"My mother...you couldn't get attention from Mommy and Daddy, so you haunted those you feared. How pathetic." I spit at him.

He laughs at my face, "Good god, you thought I wanted your Mother's approval? How much of your history do you truly know?" He asks me, laughing like a fat troll in a chair, drinking its wine, bathing in its glory, that he had no idea what movement I saw around him, behind him. We had friends everywhere.

My eyes bore into his, ice at my fingers, mixed and screaming through my blood, but I schooled my expression, stiff upper lip, "Dark-wood does your dirty work, while you stand like a mongrel in the dark. Only known by name, and it wasn't even your first name that my family's systems detected, Winston. Celestial was a small company, conducted in only London and France, and needed Parker to maintain a balance of two well-placed chess boards. If one piece falls in your plans, it all goes down. Your pain is clear. She beat you, they both did, and you retaliated inhumanly. My Mother held more class than I know you ever could in that penguin suit you believe looks good on you. Your dynasty is running thinner than a vein, you're all choked up that you had to capture me because your previous plans obviously didn't work and you didn't anticipate me being my father's daughter." I growl, stiffening before he grabs my hair, yanking it to the side and gripping my throat.