38. His Indescribable Haven

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT: His Indescribable Haven       (Maximus' POV)

(Maximus' POV)

What could I do, but stare at her?

Ignoring Ivan's complaints about not paying attention to the game, shutting it completely out, the second I'd side-glanced my beauty next to me, I'd vow to never look away.

I'd gotten so far lost in those freaking alluring blonde curls of hers that catch me stricken and melting each time she'd cross that cafeteria in school.

The first time she allowed herself to sit in my seat, in the spotlight, not at all keen to actually participate in the music she'd tampered with, but she made us watch without even trying. First day they apparently tried something 'spontaneous' according to Rosa-belle's description of it all.

Who knew the girl I had been crushing on since the start was a walking multi-billion dollar goddess and a bloody genius at that, too. I definitely started falling for her wit first, I guess going a good week after her fabulous stunt and not being able to see her from a distance, we had to take extreme measures.

Next would probably be her natural talent at staying in the shadows, the woman was faster than humanly possible at disappearing for a few weeks and popping up out of nowhere looking better than ever. Though, it did take a awhile for her to finally warm up to me, I smirk roguishly when I remember the small touches she allowed before I brought up the idea of dating.

Camp was definitely an unforgettable series of events that lead up to the...that...that ecstatically singular kiss that started my true beginning. Lord! The fact she'd let me stay with her during that time, be with her, day and night, was the most beautiful moment I'd ever experienced.

"Darling, what's got your mind in a knot?" That voice of hers, tempting next to me. When I focus my eyes back to her, holding her favourite red rose wine so delicate in her hand. I couldn't help but smile down at her as her inquisitive eyes, which pierce through mine like one of an eagle eye. Her porcelain surface causes my nerves to fry just as the tips of her pale pink lips widen at my probably flabbergasted expression.

Only this is all completely ruined when my pathetic excuse of a best friend, hits me on the back of my head, hard, too.

Bloody twat!

"Dude, quit ogling her and put a card down!" He orders with a new found sort of smug, I shove my foot out and slam it accordingly into his shin, he coughs out his beer not a moment after when I slam an Ace down, before saying,

"Change it to clubs." I did not mean for the utter grumpiness to seep from my voice but, the tool doesn't understand what it's like to be in love.

Carter goes next as my girl giggles slightly in the corner, I roll my eyes, grunting before I grab her bent legs and cross her feet on my lap, massaging the sole as she continues working on that irritating laptop of hers. Just to hear that heart-healing voice of hers again, I ask, "Which district is it this time, Honey?"