Rosie's POV in Snippets:

⚜️ ROSIE'S RECIPROCAL ⚜️

Rosa-belle's POV of The Lone Dove

Mom glares at me, "There is no money, no future in merely being an average painter or even a bloody art-teacher, Rosa-Belle. I'm not about to let you throw your entire life away because of a hobby. Look at what happened to your father, I don't want to kick you out too for a stupid dream like this. Painting silly pictures and writing useless books, you should be looking at universities, it's your final year and I sure as hell am not paying for you to take a measly three-year art degree!" She yells at me, slamming the door to my room closed.

This is how it's been since before I could remember. My Mom was a lawyer for a large firm in the central city of London, she was good at her job, but not a natural at anything else. She kicked my Dad out of the house three years ago, when he lost his job as a university English teacher, instead of teaching students about great literature, he wanted to make history. Mom called him a 'delusional self-centred idiot' who didn't think of the family first. She broke my father's heart by kicking him out of her life.

My father has loved my mother since they were teenagers.

Watching her break him like that, with no remorse, with no guilt...scarred me into preventing my own self from finding someone who felt as much love for me as my Mom use to for my Father. Society changed her, and his happiness was the cost.

I was depressed, when I couldn't express the talent I wanted to show.

My father's talent. In me.

Andrew Dean noticed, he was observant, so much so that I couldn't ignore the brown-haired, blue-eyed entrepreneur that somehow manages to be there at every corner, and my final year of high school, do I now only see that there is a love capable, despite my Mother's thoughts.

My reciprocal...Andrew Dean.

*******

CHAPTER 1: OUT WITH A BANG

I stare into his eyes. They looked defeated while Mom stood in the doorway of the kitchen, in her business suit with her side laptop bag and an impossibly stoic expression she wore like cement, she looked disappointed in a man who changed his career from teaching to writing. Over fifteen hundred students in the lectures he teacher's supported him in his changed course of career. Dad wanted to travel and I wholly supported him, not my Mother. She filed for a divorce the second he said he wanted to become a published writer. And for three weeks, two days, eight hours, every night I cried myself to sleep knowing he was moving out and moving to New York and I was dead afraid of losing him too. All because she didn't agree.

He steps towards me and cups my cheeks, "I love you, with all my heart. You know that, Bella." He whispers against my forehead, I sniffle and wrap my arms around his torso.

"I love you too, Dad. Don't become a stranger, alright?" I whisper in pleading hope that it would break him and make him change his mind, to fight against a woman who saw him giving up when he was just trying to live his dream.