06. Live Like Legends

CHAPTER SIX: Live Like Legends

Diana made plans for tonight, I had other plans, she wasn't so agreeable to them, "You better be there, tonight, Poppy or I'll pick you up myself.  It's at five in the evening! Understood?" Diana's give me a sharp-pointed look, pinning me still to the Earth.

I lift my finger and draw two lines going diagonally across my heart in opposite directions. She nods in understanding. Surprisingly being lenient where I had no explanation, nor a verbal promise I'd be at the sleepover in time for her organised plans to be set in motion. It's the one time I will never be punctual, something I needed her to understand, one day maybe.

We continue walking out of the entrance of the school. Diana walks to Trevor's ride because hers is in the shop, someone put a small scratch in the paint and Diana was hysterical when she saw it. She took it straight to the shop to get repairs. I would have laughed, but I'd do the exact same thing if that happened to my car.

The Aston Martin Vanquish S Volante.

Aka: My Precious.

So, her reaction was completely understandable and appropriate.

I watch as Carter unlocks his Jeep and Rosa-belle heads to her silver Mazda. Rosa-belle looks hesitantly at me, "Are you sure you don't want a ride? it looks like it might rain soon." She shoots her eyes upward as she gazes at the dark, grey clouds in mild apprehension.

I give her a small smile and a slight wave, "I'm sure and I've got my umbrella. I'll see you at six this evening, alight?" She gives me a wave before looking back at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Did Diana not specify that the sleepover was at five in the evening? You know how mad she'll be if we don't arrive on time, Poppy." She says, considerately. I shrug my shoulders while raising my hands in an innocent gesture, looking as though I can't even recall as to which time Diana specified.

I turn around so my back is facing her as I yell, "I'll be there at six." She laughs at me before I hear her pull out of the park. I wave at Diana and Trevor as they too, pull out. Diana returns my wave with her own, while Trevor focuses on reversing.

Carter yells out a fat 'Goodbye, suckers' as he's already out of his park and nearing the side of the main road with what he believes is 'style' with a 'bad-boy' kind of attitude. he wasn't so convincing. I look to them as they all enter the main road, once they're gone, I'm just about to turn back around when I see the Elite are still outside of their beautiful vehicles, casually chatting.

The bus stop happens to be right behind them, though because I'm late, I have to wait another half an hour for the next bus.

"Poppy Parker, an absolute delight to run into you, it truly is."

An insolent buffoon yells from the side of me. Jace Daniels, whom I believe to be Captain of the football team. He's also dated his way through the cheerleading squad and the volleyball team. Worse, he was known for being quite the heartbreaker, his times change as he attempts to affiliate himself more and more with my own group of friends. I wanted nothing to do with the man he was becoming. A real bad boy with no remorse, no guilt for the lives he may have ruined in his destructive, sexist measures that should be illegal enough to put him behind bars and yet, there he stands, talking to me as if we were close friends.