04. The Pink Silver Tint Of The King's Blushing Heart

CHAPTER FOUR: The Pink Silver Tint Of The King's Blushing Heart

Sitting on a bus while trying to finish off a design, is near to impossible. Bus drivers are not known for good driving skills and positive attitudes. They toot more times than the average driver and their attitudes are eight times more negative than a girl on her time of the month.

This doesn't even need to be scientifically proven.

Considering they normally transport students to school, they sure don't mind taking corners fast, driving close to parked cars and they do not give a care in the world for bumps on the road.

It was fruitfully useless to think I could finish a few more designs for possible renovations in our Australian unit. Rolling my eyes, I close my laptop and slide it into my bag. I think I did more damage than designing while sitting on this monstrosity of a ride to school.

Would I prefer to take my shiny black Aston Martin Vanquish S Valante?

Yes.

Would I be thoroughly questioned as to how I can afford such a beautiful piece of machinery?

Most definitely.

As the bus parked in front of the school entrance, I tagged off and said a quick 'thank you' to the driver, to which he grunted in annoyance. He did choose to do this job.

I jump off to find Carter leaning on the stone gate, right in front of me. Reading a book. Reading the Pride and Prejudice book, to be specific. One version of it at least. His astute eyes restricted towards it made it far easier to sneak up on him. I had a fairly close relationship with Carter, the man knew how to make me laugh and I needed that. Lord knows I needed that.

I smile whilst walking up to him, "You waiting for that special girl or will Pride and Prejudice give you the low down of how it's done?" I tease, finding amusement in his halted form.

His head shoots up at my voice, a smile takes over his face before he narrows his eyes, only after he fully processes what I just said.

"I'm not nearly as oblivious as Darcy is, the tool is about as easy to read as a brick wall. Also, he has no sense of humour, I'm the joker of the group." He comes up to give me a side hug, arm over my shoulders and a taut chest at my side now. I lean into him.

"We've missed you, shortcake." He says teasing whilst ruffling my hair. He has a thing with nicknames now and I'm thoroughly not interested, though this one got personal. Unnecessarily so.regarding my height...he had to emphasise the word 'short'. I should've whacked him on the upside of his side in retaliation.

"I'm not that short and I wasn't referring to you, yourself as Darcy but the situation he's in." I argue. He pokes his tongue at me, to which I return. If he could be childish, then so could I.

"C'mon you. I'm hungry and I want breakfast before prison rounds start." He says just as his stomach rumbles, he gives me a look, 'see, my stomach agrees'.