Ivan's POV in Snippets:

Hello! I know it's been too long since I've touched this book, I've decided to publish the chapters I had previously made for other POV's in Poppy's story on this book here so that I can just edit them instead of publishing whole stories. This will be Ivan's POV first!

 This will be Ivan's POV first!

⚜️ A LOVE LOST ⚜️

PROLOGUE:

Her and I had something in common, only Poppy Prim Parker wasn't standing behind Maximus Myers' shadow for so many years. At first, I thought it was a change in one's life, an Oscar worthy sense of authority, of hierarchy in Queen City High. I met Poppy Parker when she was thirteen years old, of course I didn't speak to her, I barely thought about her, but I had met her.

We're seniors now, and Maximus set his heart on her first, but I always had set my eyes on her from the very beginning. My name is Ivan Torres...Torres to her. A struggling singer, looking for inspiration, to get out of singing songs that have already been sung...her shadowed green eyes, taunted sharp after her parents demise, her heart of shattered rose-gold and her bite darker than coal itself. I may have been a singer, but I felt much like a writer.

I wrote about her.

Not that any one of my Elite friends knew about it, but she entered our lives, entered my life, while I had to watch my closest friend, the one guy I could trust with my every thought, was falling in love with the one girl who had stolen my heart altogether.

It was forbidden to look at her.

To want to touch her porcelain pale skin.

To wish she'd look at me in a way that would make me strong enough to crush the world around us, turn it to ice and hand her the stone throne...to be her knight, her executioner, to be at her every beck and call.

I watched and wrote from afar...for the girl I was falling in love with...was already falling for someone else. And I was in his shadow, forced to watch for she will always be his just as much as he is hers.

For the love I lost.

Where do all Princess' hide?

Dear diary, my name is Ivan Torres. I want to know where all Princesses hide? Why were the shadows more tempting and taunting over where they belong in the light? Why couldn't I understand that her show of burning a man's heart to ashes and calling it the circle of a wonderful life...something I want to feel?

Tell me, my dear diary...how long can a heart last before it boils and breaks in the fear the love of my life takes?

Where.

Why.

...and how?

CHAPTER 1: The One That Got Away

It was cruel almost, watching the silence of cold ice emit out of my best friends chest while he's drilled with the fanatic fact that he's single. And, I got front row seats to one of the best comedian shows this world-No, this galaxy has ever seen.