25. Welcome Home, Honey

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: Welcome Home, Honey

The storm brews as I still stand shocked. Slightly annoyed. His escalating speed maximises mine, tenfold. Diana giggles at my expression as they all stand in front of theirs. Rosa-belle too, gasps while a mischievous Andrew stands next to her with an arm wrapped around her shoulder. Even Carter scoffs and crosses his arms, Trevor follows suit while Maximus stands in front of me, smiling with his hands in his pockets, waiting.

I close my eyes and pinch the bridge of my nose, "Would you like to go on a date, just us for dinner, when we get back, Maximus?" I ask aloud and Ivan trips over one of the strings, letting out a swearword as his face transforms into complete and utter shock.

Maximus drops his jaw, even he stumbles while my group look to me incredulously.

"See, I don't need to go on a long cruise, to be asked out. Though, I must say, I'm a little disappointed in the both of you, for thinking I'd have to smoothly be pulled into the idea of dating. Ivan, you'd be good in the advice for girlfriend and boyfriend department, if I were gullible and boy-crazed. Learn the clients' nature before playing Cupid." I shake my head while a perplexed look cuts through the Royals, as Ivan runs paler than a cloudy sky.

He starts coughing, almost dry-heaving as my group bend forward in choked laughs.

"What was his advice?" Diana cracks up, leaning on a crying in chuckled Trevor.

I scoff, "Cruise in on the idea of dating, Myers here is allowed to hug me if I want him to and in terms of kissing, it's all about the perfect moment, when I'm ready is what I got from it. Listen Myers, being direct will get you a long way with me, and don't see me as blind, but one to think strategically. Work harder, and you'll earn a greater award, Darling." Is all I say, fist bumping Diana before heading towards the small tent as Maximus plays statue with a bizarre pose, Ivan follows suit as he remains tripped over on the ground.

I head into the small tent, glancing surprised at the romantic set up he's displayed in front of me.

I vaguely hear someone smack someone else before Ivan whines, "I swear, she's incredibly tricky to read, this is not my fault!" He keeps repeating as a small growl invades the air.

Definitely Maximus.

I roll my eyes, trying to understand why the hell there is only one blow up bed in here, with a large sleeping back and at least four pillows. The pillows are placed in a way that suggests the middle is more likely to be used.

He's far more suggestive than he thinks, I scoff, laying down, placing my head on my pillow. He placed our bags on my side while his only has a small torch and a bottle of water.

I sigh in content at how warm it is, compared to the rain outside as it picks up.

I vaguely hear the sound of a zip closing, only seconds of silence before someone crawls on top of me, my back to his chest as he curls his arms around my stomach, as if natural when he places his lips on my hair.