17. Red Royal Raid

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: Red Royal Raid

"My dear, Poppy. It's an absolute delight to see you again." Yuko exclaims, his oldest son stands next to him, his eyes capture mine, for only a moment. They widen only a second after meeting mine. His surprise confuses me, though I know it has been a while since we've seen one another, but, to me...he looks the same as always.

Punctual, professional and fairly uptight.

"Yuko, you don't look as though you've changed last I saw you." I comment as I return his embrace, he chuckles before placing his hands on my cheeks and tilting my head from side-to-side. Observing any changes, finding none too different.

"So, I don't look like a gruffly old man yet." I shake my head as he raises an eyebrow, in question.

"Not at all, if anything you look slightly younger than the last time, what's your secret?" I ask, praising his rather young features even though he's in his early forties, Hong Kong must be treating him well.

He chuckles before wrapping my arm in his as we walk up towards his grand foyer. His children follow silently behind us, Hideyoshi, the eldest, remains quiet behind us while his three younger siblings, Itsuki, Kaito and Natsuki, glance at each other in confused wonder.

Itsuki and Kaito are both sixteen years while Hideyoshi is around nineteen years. Natsuki is the darling of eight years.

All of them has their mother's, Reina's perfect light brown eyes, dark silky strands and pale skin. Yuko is slightly more tan.

"Poppy, it's positively lovely to see you again!" Reina exclaims once I finally make it to their beautiful grand library. She gracefully rounds the front table

"Thank you, Reina. You also, I see you have taken your artistic skills to the next level, I've already accepted the invitation to your expedition, it's lovely to see your finally showing the world of your talent." I praise as she slowly tears up and embraces me tightly. Yuko chuckles as he slowly places a hand on the small of her back, once she's let go and returned to his side.

"Thank you, Poppy. You have no idea how much it means to me." She whispers before straightening her attire and beckoning her children to step forward.

"All of you, please greet Poppy and show her around while your father and I check on lunch." She asks, politely.

I smile at each of them, little Natsuki raises a small hand as she steps forward, before the boys.

"How long will you be staying for, Poppy? You left far too early last time?" Reina gasps at her daughter for speaking in Japanese when Reina was unsure I spoke Japanese fluidly.