A Lone World (Mathias' POV)

HELLO! It feels like I've had years gone by since I posted another chapter on this particular book of mine, but I wanted to entice my readers to take a look at another edition to The Lone Dove series that follows closely with our dear Xbox-loving, cunning and hilarious Mathias Myers.

Here is the blurb and the first chapter, let me know what you think!

*******

PROLOGUE

"He met a girl and at the mere age of seventeen, he fell in love."

I was like a foreign invader in a school of a new era almost. The Elite Academy of Business and Science Internationals. The BSI Academy for the filthy rich and well-off children who may just be considered as today's latest delinquents and I'm on that list, thanks to my Mother's parting words of 'Learn something and get off the Xbox and Dad's advice of you-can-annoy-someone-else-for-a-change'.

Selene Henderson was an auburn-haired, untouchable beauty. The second her blue eyes met mine before rolling back involuntarily when I-well-long story short, I gave her a concussion on my first week at this high strung academy, without knowing her tool of a brother was head boy and she had a line of males waiting for her undivided time...I'm remembered merely because I knocked her out. Dealing with my older sister's whirlpool of a troubled life in college and my older brother's dumb decision-making in leaving his ex in high school, along with the Parker-Myers reputation in London-I thought life was going to be like riding a smooth wave.

I couldn't have been more wrong.

And it all started with me giving a really good looking girl a concussion and dodging a whole bunch of body builders her older brother's associated with, whilst surviving school in Switzerland.

CHAPTER 1: First Day

Stern green eyes stare at me, "You could have said 'goodbye' to your sister." She says to me. If you hadn't already heard, Poppy Myers, who use to be Poppy Parker before my genius/not-so-genius of a Father put a ring on it. Poppy Parker was known as today's Einstein, this generation, whatever generation Einstein was in, the dude had the brains, no clue who had the brawn though. Mom's got both. Oh, I forgot to mention, Poppy Myers is my Mother...today's Einstein, in case you didn't catch that.

I blink, "I did, though. Mentally, she got a really big 'Goodbye' from me, Mom. I'm talking balloons, confetti, like pops up cards with Uncle Ivan's music playing in one of those mechanical cards. Oh, dude, I got Beyoncé playing, who run the world, GIRLS! Yeah, you missed it, Mom, right there before she took Dad's second best car, she got the massive Myers adios amiga. Dad danced...partially because he was drunk, otherwise we all know...he has no moves. Uncle Carter told us all about it." I say to her, holding my PSP.

Dad stares at me, "Don't bring me into your strange, conjured thoughts, Mathias Myers. Queen City Principal called, want to guess what she decided was the first topic to discuss?" He asks me, arm sliding around my stern Mother...Einstein. I seriously wonder what that will make my father. Interesting.