EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE: Memorise My Silhouette

Four years in the making...

I guess you could say, that today is my special day. For more than just one reason. I hold the small white little bar in my hand, only to casually drop it into the side bin before I wash my hands. My light chemise smooths along the ever so subtly circular skin of my abdomen as a breathy sigh escapes my parted lips.

They're plum pink along with my beauty peach chemise, I use the lemon lime foam soap to wash before glancing back up at my reflection, scarily like gazing into my mother's pale eyes but the intricate blonde curls set in a low up-do stay romantically perfected.

I shake my head with a grand smile, it's my day.

I walk into the foyer of our expensive room, Everdeen and Rosa-belle gaze at their pale apricot gowns, like the heavens of silky waterfalls, they suit them beautifully.

"Now! It's time for the dress and we're already three minutes late for goodness sake! Lord, Poppy! Maximus is already at the tip of the aisle with the priest! We must get a move on!" Diana flutters with immense worry grazing the lines on her forehead. My maid of honour curses when she yells at one of the staff members at the hotel of Maximus' private beach.

The scent of orchids graze the room and stuff the place with its fragrance but I don't mind as I smile delicately, stepping towards the lace Tulle floor length dress, closing on my curves but branching a transparent appliqué floral flow at the back. The length will surely drag the lace metres behind me when I take my first step down the aisle.

Everdeen and Rosa-belle smile with grand decor along their silk dresses, before they walk to me, Everdeen picks up the dress, "It's time, soon-to-be Mrs Myers."

I shake my head but smile delicately, I nod, before stepping in as Rosa-belle does the buttons behind.

I choose not to wear a veil, not wanting its crowning to ruin my hair. Everdeen gushes while Rosa-belle tears up when it's finally done. I can see Diana beaming from behind me, in the reflection of the mirror. We all stand in bare feet, sighing in sync before Diana screeches, "Lord! The music is starting, Everdeen your first! On my count, three, two, one!" She urges Everdeen forward as the guards open the doors from below the beautiful long staircase once we leave the first door to the right and down the golden white hall.

Everdeen rushes smoothly towards a nervous Ryan in a gorgeous tuxedo, as they make the first dash towards the stairs, the sound of our small crowd gushing with exasperated gasps has my heart flutter with the tune. I squirm and stifle my fidgeting equilibrium once Rosa-belle sets next with Andrew and lastly, Diana meets her match with Trevor, who all, to my annoyance, has different coloured ties. Carter is all but standing beside Ivan, winking at someone in the crowd.

I lose the scowl when I see a harsh squirming Stevens hold a shaky arm out to me, "You look beyond beautiful, my Sweetheart." He murmurs when I reach him. I shake my head, placing my bracelet dangling hand under his arm.