Chapter 18: Dress Shopping

Y/n's POV:
The weekend couldn't come fast enough. This weekend was the second Hogsmeade trip of the year and me, Hermione and Ginny were going dress shopping for the Yule Ball.

I woke up at 9:00 in the morning, I had to meet the girls at 10:00. I changed into jeans and a jumper with boots and a woolly hat and scarf. I combed my hair to cover a large scar on my face and applied my usual makeup to make the rest of the scars seem less red.

I made my way downstairs to the common room where the twins were sitting around the sofa, clearly planning something as their heads were together.

"Morning boys!" I said. They both turned to face me and Fred closed a book quickly.

"Morning Y/n/n, how are you?" George said.

"I'm great. What are you too up to?" I asked.

"Nothing for you to worry about." Fred smiled.

But before I could say anything I got interrupted by someone putting their hand on my shoulder. I jumped sightly before I turned around to see Ginny and Hermione standing behind me.

"Morning you two, made me jump." I giggled slightly at the two as they stood behind me with mischievous smiles.

"And that was our intention." Ginny said giggling.

"Your intention Ginny. I didn't do anything." Hermione said with a smile.

"Did not!"

"Did!"

"Did not!"

"Did!"

"Right stop it you two. Let's forget about it and let's get some dresses." I said

"See. Y/n is the only sensible one here." Harry said as he walked past.

"See you later boys!" I said to the twins as I began to walk out.

"Bye Y/n!" They said simultaneously. I giggled before walking out of the common room.

"So Ginny, who's your date?" I asked the young third year girl as we walked down the corridor towards the exit to the castle.

"Neville asked me. But I wish Harry asked me." Ginny said.

"I wish Ron took me to the ball." Hermione huffed. "What about you Y/n?"

"The person I wanted to take me to the ball was the person who asked me. I'm so excited to go with Fred!" I replied with a smile on my face.

"So you have a crush on my brother?" Ginny asked.

"What. Me. No!" I said as we stepped outside the castle.

"Well it's obvious Y/n. You clearly like him." Hermione said.

"Okay. Maybe I do. But he would never like me." I said. Hermione and Ginny are the only two girls I have ever told, I told them in my fifth year because Hermione figured it out and I told Ginny recently.

"Why do you think that?" Ginny asked.

"Because he would never want to date a monster like me." I replied, saying it quietly so only the two girls heard me.

"Number 1. Your not a monster Y/n, neither is you father. Number 2. I can tell he likes you back." Hermione said.

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"Because during the summer, your all Fred talks about. It's quite annoying actually." Hermione said.

"Oh I miss Y/n. When is Y/n coming. I wonder if Y/n misses me. What do you think Y/n is doing. When can I see Y/n." Ginny said mocking Fred's voice, which she actually said really well.