Chapter 60: The Letter

~.~.~Parts 151-153~.~.~
•3rd Person POV•

The crypt was cold, dark and damp and the light snores of the pack was all that filled Y/n's ears. Her body was in pain and her heart felt broken and betrayed. Her own father had joined them? Let them torture her like that. Even the thought of the bark made her feel woozy. But she couldn't focus on anything else. Until a voice cut through the silence.

"Y/n, honey?" Remus said, he turned around and faced her. His eyes were full of regret and pain, but he smiled when looking at his daughter. It was only herself and him awake, she didn't have an excuse.

"What?" She spat, "I thought you wanted nothing to do with me. I don't want to talk to you." She added, using all of her power to twist around so her back was facing him.

"It's for a mission, sweetheart." Remus breathed, looking down at the floor in disappointment.

"A mission, for the order?" She questioned, turning her head to face him. Not even the order cared about her, "I thought they would've wanted to save me."

"Dumbledore sent me here to gain information. But I have to gain their trust, so I was told not to save you."

Y/n used all of her depleting energy she has left to force herself onto her feet and stumble to the bars of the call, gripping them to keep her stable.

"Trust me, my darling," Remus said, cupping her face with his hands and wiping a tear off her stained cheek, "It's been breaking my heart to see you like this, and what their doing to you."

"How can I trust you?" She whispered angrily, the anger of the betrayal still coursing through her veins, "After what you said to me?"

"I know I can't do anything here to prove myself," Remus sighed, looking into Y/n's eyes remorsefully, "But the twins and I have a plan to get you out of here."

Her heart skipped a beat, and for the first time in days she smiled. "What's the plan?"

"I've just written to the twins telling them your location and when the Crypt will be fully empty. They will come then and get you out."

"When will that be?" She asked excitedly, she thought it would only be a couple of days. But Remus' smile faltered and faded.

"A week." Remus sighed, his eyes looking to the floor, "Their all going on missions for you-know-who so no one but two people will be here."

Y/n stumbled back and fell against the wall. She pulled her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them. Her head fell and she cried, "I can't do it," she whimpered, "I can't do it, dad. That bark-thing is agony, they use more for longer each time. What if I give in and join them?"

"Honey, come here." Remus calmly said. Y/n stumbled up and held onto the bars to stay balanced. Remus took her hands in his own and gripped them tightly, "You are so strong, you can do this."

"But what if-" She tried to say but was cut off

"You are a powerful witch, Y/n. That's why Greyback wants you in his pack. But I know you, merlin, did your mother and I raise you to give in?"

"No." She shook her head.

"It's going to be hard, Y/n. I know it is. But I believe in you, so does your mother, brother and the twins. I will be here as much as I can, but do all of us proud."

"Thank you, dad." Y/n smiled. She took a deep breath and whispered, "I can do this."

"That's my girl." Remus smiled at her.

"I'm guessing when everyone is awake, you have to hate me?" She asked, her voice was no louder than a whisper.

"Yes," Remus sighed, "They can't know I'm helping you, I still need to fully gain their trust."