Chapter 34: The New Professor

~.~.~Parts 66 and 67~.~.~
•Y/n's POV•
Trigger Warning: Bullying. Please read with caution!

We walked into the great hall and saw a frog-like woman dressed in pink sitting in a chair at the teachers table.

"I'm sure Dumbledore will introduce her to us, after the feast of course." Fred smiled, holding my hand and leading us to three free seats to sit down.

"Hey Guys!" I said to the golden trio as we sat down. "Have a good train ride?"

"It was okay, what about you guys?" Harry asked, a confused look on his face as he eyed the new woman sat at the teachers table, as though he recognised her from somewhere.

"I had to quickly apply makeup to hide my..." I replied before leaning in slightly and whispered "scars".

"You don't need it Y/n, their part of you." Hermione said sweetly.

"I know that everyone knows what I am, but it helps to keep peoples eyes off me, especially when their really red like they are today." I whispered to the group, although getting peculiar stares from many students at multiple tables.

"That's fair enough Y/n, but just know that your beautiful with and without it." Hermione smiled.

"Thanks Moine." I replied with a small grin.

"When's the feast!" Ron and Fred groaned at the same time.

"When the sorting is finished." Replied George.

Hermione and I leaned into each other, both of us shared the same amused look on our faces, whispering to the other "boys..."

"What was that?" Fred asked condescendingly.

"That is none of your business." I quipped back. "Only me and Hermione can understand."

"Rightttt." Fred unconvincingly said, turning away his head from me and Hermione who stood there dull still giggling at each other.

"Can I have your attention please!" Dumbledore's voice called out, quietening the whole of the great hall in the space of only a few seconds. "Enjoy!"

The old man clapped his hands and the four tables of the great hall erupted in food and drink, each food looking neat and ready to be devoured. The tables were bright and colourful but giving a warm and welcoming smell which wafted around the room.

I couldn't help but immensely grabbed some chicken and chips with a side of pumpkin juice, but I also grabbed Mac and cheese as well as some broccoli (because of Hermione). Each food melted in my mouth with its strong taste and delicate texture.

"You happy now?" I asked Fred, who was biting into a large meat pie.

"More than happy, food and an amazing girlfriend." He replied after swallowing the pie in his mouth.

"So food comes before me?" I asked with pleading and innocent eyes.

"At this moment of time, yes." He retorted jokingly, causing a smile to speed across my lips

"See you have your priorities set out then." I joked back, turning back to my conversation with Hermione.

But soon enough, the main food vanished from the tables, as though it had dissolved into the air, cleaning plates back to their shiny and polished state and the warm smell disintegrated with the food. It even took away Ron's chicken leg when he was half way though it, which made me and Hermione chuckle to ourselves.