Chapter 24: The Truth is Revealed

Y/n's POV:
A couple of days had passed since I woke up in the hospital wing, Fred hasn't left my side at all. I loved being with him all the time, holding my hand had playing with my hair.

"Can I braid your hair, love?" Fred asked sweetly, holding a brush and hair bands in his hands. Fred had taught himself how to braid hair just so he can do it for me.

"Of course, you can Freddie! I'd love you too." I replied happily with a wide smile that reached both sides of my cheeks, going a bright shade of pink.

I sat up on my hospital bed and turned my face away from Fred so he could get to my y/h/c hair. I felt a brush run though my hair all the way down the full length of my hair. I gave a weak smile when I felt his large and warm hands run through my hair, separating my hair into two sections then one side into three equal sections between his fingers. I felt my hair being twisted and turned each other into a tight plait, starting at the top of my head.

"Am I hurting you, love?" Fred asked, securing the first plait with a hairband which twisted many times over the thin end of my plait.

"Not at all." I smiled weakly, still feeling too ill to give my full effort.

"Are you sure?" Fred asked worried.

"Absolutely." I replied to him.

Fred smiled at his hand brushed through the other half of my hair, plaiting it in the same way and securing it with a hairband. I smiled as I looked into the mirror that sat on the bedside table.

"I love it Freddie! Thank you love!" I said happily, throwing my weak and bandaged arms around him, gripping him as tight as I could.

"I'm glad you like it!" Fred replied, gently hugging me back, not to hurt any of my injuries that lay under many bandages.

The next hour or two passed by quickly. I read Fred a chapter of my book that Hermione got me for Christmas last year and then followed by general and flirty conversation. The clock was nearing 5:30, dinner starts at 6:00 and Madame Pomfrey said there would be a chance I could go.

"You should probably go down to dinner Freddie." I said, loosening my grip slightly on his hand.

"Like I said for the past three nights, I'm not going unless I'm with you." Fred smiled warmly which caused a blush to creep onto both of our faces. But they both quickly vanished when we heard the footsteps of Madame Pomfrey come over to us a neutral expression over her face.

"How are you feeling Y/n?" She asked, a slight small smile crept onto her lips.

"I feel lots better." I replied, staring at Fred slightly then back to Poppy.

"That's great. I'm going to let you go. Please take it easy and relax." Poppy said, her smile becoming more obvious.

"Thank you so much!" I replied happily with a wide smile.

"But please come back in three days at 11:00am so I can look at and redress your bandages." She said, Poppy's face going slightly stern.

"Of course I will!" I replied, still smiling widely.

"Thank you. See you soon." Poppy said with a smile.

"See you." I replied. Poppy turned on her heels and walked away, the clunking sound of her shoes becoming more and more quiet.

Me and Fred looked at each other happily, wide grins spread across our pink faces.

"Let's go to dinner then." I said, swinging my legs around off my bed and with the help from Fred to change into my robes, perfectly hiding all the bandages and small scratches.