Chapter 49: Christmas

~.~.~Parts 108-110~.~.~
•Y/n's POV•

"Molly! Help!" Mum said as we walked back into Grimmauld Place that morning. Mum was supporting Dad through the doorway whilst Fred was holding me in his arms. The gash in my leg was still bleeding and painful, he kicked the door closed and ran into the kitchen.

"What's wrong- oh dear Merlin!" She gasped, running from the stove to grab a first aid kit, "Lay her over here." She added, leading Fred through to a spare sofa in a back room.

Molly grabbed healing potions, serums, and all sorts of bandages and rushed them into the back room where Fred had now laid me down and I felt too ill to express the pain that I was in.

"What happened, dear?" She asked, dropping some Essence of Dittany over the gash, the stinging made me wince.

"I don't know, it happened when Dad and I were werewolves." I replied, "I guess that happens sometimes."

"You're being so calm with all of this, well done." Molly said, gently wrapping my leg in a large white bandage.

"I'm too drained and ill to react, to be honest, Molly." I weakly smiled at her.

"You're doing well, I'm nearly done then you can rest in bed." She smiled at me, finally securing the bandage with a pin. "And you're done. I'll send some snacks up to you later."

"Thank you, Molly. I appreciate it." I thanked and gave her the widest smile I could muster.

"You are very welcome dear."

"Come on, darling. Let's get you back to bed." Fred said, gently picking me back up and carrying me out of the room.

"I can walk myself up, Fred." I quipped.

"Lalalalalala I can't hear what you're saying." He smiled, planting a kiss on my forehead.

I reached my hand out and opened the door to my room, this time I had a room to myself with a double bed in the middle of the room and a daybed next to the window. Fred walked in and laid me down on my bed, he pulled the blanket over my body and laid down next to me.

"Thank you, Freddie." I whispered to my boyfriend. "I love you so much."

"I love you too, Y/n." He replied, "Is there anything you need?"

"Can I have a hot chocolate, please?"

"Extra whipped cream and marshmallows?" He asked with a smile on his face.

"Yes please!" I happily said. And with that, Fred gave me a small peck on my lips and left the room, slowly closing the door behind him.

I reached for the closest book to me and flicked through to where my bookmark was. I had 10 minutes of reading and peace before Fred came back in with a hot chocolate in one hand and a plate of snacks in the other. He placed them on the table next to me and laid back down where he was before. I shortly fell asleep after that, and I woke up 4 hours later with Fred reading a book, sitting peacefully.

"Is Fred Weasley reading a book!" I said with shock and surprise in my voice.

"Yes, I am. When you've been asleep for 4 hours, I haven't got much left to do. George is out with Mum because he still hasn't got any Christmas presents."

"Oh yeah, it's Christmas next week! And it's nearly our one-year anniversary," I smiled, "The best year of my life."

"The best year of mine too." Fred smiled happily.

~.~.~One Week Later~.~.~

It's Christmas Eve and also the one-year anniversary of Fred and I. Although we have spent most of the day apart. I have been rushing around the house and helping with the final details ready for Christmas. I've been helping Sirius decorate the living room, then Molly with the cleaning and cooking, and then showing Dad how to wrap presents for Mum. The sun was finally going down and the children have been sent to their bedrooms because there was an order meeting. George left me and Fred to have some time to ourselves and spent the evening in his room while Fred and I went to mine, we changed into our pyjamas.