Chapter 39: Close Call

~.~.~Parts 76 and 77~.~.~
•Fred's POV•

The sun slowly rose from over the mountains, the sky was becoming slightly brighter and lighter, although the sky was mainly dark.

George and I still remained in our fox forms, luckily for us, we were able to prevent Y/n from getting herself badly injured.

But little did I know, that something would go badly wrong.

The sun rose to a level where I thought it was safe. I trotted over to the corner of the large upstairs room to transform back into my human form. I felt myself grow taller in height, the front paws of the fox changed into hands and the hind legs morphed back into my feet. I took a glance in the reflection of the window and I was back to normal. Not yet realising a tingling in my arm.

Moments later I was joined by another person. There stood George, standing next to me with a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"Fred, you're human again." George smiled.

"So are you." I replied. "What about Y/n?"

But a low growl had already answered my question. Me and George whipped our heads around and saw the figure of Y/n's werewolf form standing 10 feet away from where George and I were standing. We slowly backed away until we hit the wall. I feel the fear that was running through mine and George's body's. As the werewolf approached us, I felt George's hand wrap around me in a hug.

The werewolf walked towards the two of us, I threw my body in-front of George, by back facing Y/n's form. I knew that I was risking my life, but I would to protect my everso slightly younger brother. I hugged George tightly, as though it was our last moments. I could hear the silence as the footsteps stop. I glanced over my shoulder and saw it's big paw rising from the ground, about to swing at us. I felt my eyes clamp shut, expecting the worse.

But it never came. I took a sharp inhale of cold breath. I turned my head to look at Y/n, her werewolf head began the morph and change. Her figure shank back to her usual height, the hind legs shrank back and her back straightened back from its curved state.

Her face became pale when she transformed back into her human state. I could tell she was weak and tired from the last night, causing her to fall to the floor in a ball. I rushed over to her side, kneeling next to her.

"Y/n! Are you okay?" I asked, resting her head on my lap, tucking some hair behind her ear.

"What happened?" She suddenly asked, clearly still dazed.

George came over and gently sat on the floor with us, he looked into her eyes with a small smile. He looked up to me for a confirmation. I gave a small nod and mouthed to him 'say it gently'

"Well uh-" George said. "You nearly accidentally attacked us." He said gently, and I gave him a smile.

"Oh Merlin! Did I hurt either of you?" She asked panicked. She frantically moved to check if me or George were injured.

"Please, just relax okay." I said, playing with her hair gently.

"But-" She started.

"Darling, we're both fine. The sunrise saved us." I calmly whispered.

"Oh, but I'm so sorry." She whispered quietly, a stray tear rolling down her pale cheek.