Chapter 26: Somethings Wrong

Y/n's POV:
Parts 45-49

To my dislike, the next day quickly came and it was another full moon. After the last one, I don't knew what to expect, although a bad feeling was lingering in my stomach.

Because of the summer months approaching, the nights became shorter which means that I would be in my werewolf form for less time, and less time for me to injure myself without knowing that I was. But I spent my day ignoring the stares and the nasty looks that people were giving me, and Fred and George glued to my side

"No seriously guys, I need to go!" I yelped as I tried to get up off the sofa that evening, but Fred and George were pulling me back down.

"Please don't leave us!" Fred said with pleading eyes.

"You know I don't want to, but I have too. Now I really need to go!" I replied as I finally got out of their grip, taking a few steps backwards to stop their long arms reaching me again.

"Please be careful." George said gently, his voice comforting.

"I'll try too." I replied, that day I decided to not tell them about the bad feeling that was lurking in my stomach.

"Not long until we can check." Fred muttered but I vaguely heard his words.

"What was that?" I asked my boyfriend, who's face went pale.

"Oh, nothing. Don't worry about it my love." Fred said getting up to gently kiss me.

"Now I really should be off!" I whispered as I waved to the twins and ran out of the common room and towards the entrance hall where Poppy was waiting for me.

"Sorry I'm late. Some certain twins wouldn't let me go." I weakly smiled as we walked outside, the cold air hitting my face.

"It's okay dear, now let's get going." Poppy said as we walked down the hill towards the whomping willow.

3rd Person POV:
The trip down the passageway was silent, the sound of Y/n's and Poppy's footsteps could be heard passing though her ears. The feeling in her stomach was growing and getting worse. A gut-wrenching feeling that something bad was going to happen and no matter what she tried, Y/n couldn't get rid of it.

They arrived at the shrieking shack and Y/n climbed though into the old and rickety shack, broken pieces of wood and cloth laid messily across the house and the old wood was creaking as she walked.

"I'll be here as soon as the sun rises." Poppy said.

"Okay, see you tomorrow." Y/n replied, and with that the trapdoor that led into the house was sealed with the clicking noise of the padlock locking echoed though her ears, then the small muttering of a extra protection spell. The sound of Poppy Pomfrey's steps grew fainter and fainter.

Then, she was alone.

Y/n made her way up the steps towards the top floor of the house which overlooked the rolling mountains and hills, but it was the perfect view of the moon.

The silver light is the moon came to light and the first tingling pains ran though her body, but the bad feeling remained in her stomach.

"Oh no, here we go again." Y/n muttered as the first glimpse of the moon came into sight, the pain grew slightly but it was still bearable for now.  But the feeling also grew. Until it spilled out of her mouth.

"I wanna live, wanna live. Deep inside I've always been, reaching out for a hand. So don't let this be the end."

By then, the moon fully revealed the pain began.

Pain seared through her body, it caused her to bend over in pain and a loud, blood-curdling scream escaped Y/n's lips. There was a terrible snarling noise that came from the houses old walls and floors. Her head was lengthening, forming into a snout. Her eyes dilated and became slightly wider. So was her body. Her shoulders were hunching. Hair was sprouting visibly on her face and hands, which were curling into clawed paws. The werewolf reared, before releasing a loud and painful howl.