Chapter 59: The Crypt

~.~.~Parts 147-150~.~.~
•3rd Person POV•

Y/n and Greyback travelled for what felt like hours. His hands were still firmly around Y/n's wrists, digging into her skin. She couldn't scream or shout, Greyback hit her with a silencing charm when they were flying over London.

Most of her view was black from the smoke, but she could see the bright lights of the city fade from view and the darkness of the barren countryside took its place. They started to descend not long after, there was a building in the countryside, it looked like a ruined church or chapel. Its ceiling was gone and the stone walls and floors were exposed to the elements, it lay beside a forest and Y/n could feel her magic getting stronger.

The smoke soared into the church and their feet hit the floor, Greyback pushed Y/n through one of the old church doors and down a long, winding set of stairs. Y/n could smell the presence of other werewolves, many others. She was pushed into a large crypt under the church, there were leaves and animal fur laid on the floor for bedding, which made Y/n horribly uncomfortable.

They moved through two more chambers of bedding until they reached the end of the corridor. There was a door in one of the walls. At first, Y/n assumed that it was Greyback's own private room. But she was wrong, she was shoved into the room, sending her to the floor. She quickly turned around and stood up to see Greyback summoning bars to run across the doorway, securing shut with four iron padlocks. She immediately ran over to the door, clasping her hands to the bars.

There was a huge group of werewolves all intently staring at her. Some looked in awe, others looking in loathing. But nonetheless, they all stood at the edge of the chamber.

"Where am I? What do you want?" She growled as soon as she got her voice back. She stared straight at Greyback.

"Miss Lupin, make yourself comfortable." Greyback smiled maliciously, "You might be here a while."

"What am I doing here?" She snapped at him. Both anger and fear filled her body.

"We believe that you will make the perfect edition to our pack." Greyback answered.

"No! Will never join you." Y/n declared, standing as straight as she could, crossing her arms across her chest. "Why do you want me anyway?"

"You see, Miss Lupin. You have a high rank in our pack. You were turned by me, the highest honour. You have strong magical abilities, you can do great things with us, your family."

"I have my family," she spat savagely, "Back at the Burrow. I will never ever join you."

"FINE!" Growled Greyback, licking his lips, revealing his pointed teeth, "I've had enough of trying to be nice. Go and get it, start off with a small piece."

"A small piece of what?" Asked Y/n, backing away from the door, trying to find the corner of her cell without turning away.

"You see, girl." Greyback grinned, "In the forest next to us, we found a magical tree bark that is toxic to wolves. So we decided to weave some silver in there. We've been waiting to try it out."

Y/n's heart pounded out of her chest. She stood in the corner trying to calm her breathing. But a minute later Greyback unlocked the cell and walked in, he ripped the sleeves of her dress, showing her bare, scared arms. Then, two people walked into the cell, clad in protective clothing, and held a pair of tongs at arm's length. Clasped on there was a dark piece of wood, it was no bigger than a galleon, and the top glistened silver, which already made Y/n feel woozy.

One of her pulled her to the floor, her back hit the cold stone floor and she gasped from the pain. Greyback and one of the others held her to the ground and the one with the tongs started off pressing it against the bare skin on her arm.