Chapter 40: Locked Out

~.~.~Parts 78 - 80~.~.~
•Y/n's POV•
TW: Swearing, and hints of SH. Please read with caution

I ran down the corridors, tears threatening to fall from my eyes, ignoring any pain that ran through my body.

Guilt.

Why did I have to hurt him? I should've never let them become animagi back in summer. I knew this would happen.

Guilt.

I can't bear to look at him, at anyone. Knowing that I could hurt them all just as easily. I can't look at him, knowing what I have done to him that night.

Guilt.

I'm such a bad person, why would I ever think that I could transform and not hurt anyone. I hate it, I hate it more than anything.

Guilt.

Why did Greyback have to attack me? Why me? It's ruined my life, relationships, and confidence. I hate it! I hate him!

Guilt.

Maybe it would be better if I didn't see anyone anymore, maybe it would be better if I wasn't in anyone's lives anymore?

SLAM!

The door slammed shut of my dormitory, high up in Gryffindor tower, alone, isolated from anyone. It's perfect.

Click.

I locked the door, I was alone. I stood in front of the mirror, looking at myself and how I could let myself think that I could hurt anyone.

"I don't care!" I yelled to myself, swaying in the position I was standing in. "Why do I care? I've lost my mind."

I looked in the mirror again, tears rolling down my face and dripping onto the floor, the dropping sound filling the deafening silence of the room.

"I'm already cursed, and I can't fix it." I whispered through the tears.

My body collapsed and fall to the floor in a ball. All I could do was cry, I hurt my best friend. My boyfriend. The person I love with my whole heart. Guilt ran through my body, showing by the tears that were falling to the floor.

My hands grabbed onto my hair, how could I be so stupid to think that they'd be okay around me. I can't be around the twins right now, especially Fred.

~.~.~One Week Later~.~.~
•Fred's POV•

It's been the longest week of my life. Y/n hasn't left her bedroom since she found out what happened. I'm getting worried, I left food at her door in hopes to see her. But it never works.

But it's been a week without a sign, letter or any form of communication, but it's never happened. I'm slowly losing my mind, I don't know how to get to her, her door is locked, and charmed which means that 'Alohamora' doesn't work.

I sat outside the door to her dormitory, talking to it like she was right next to me. But as I talked, there was no reply, no noise, nothing.

"Y/n, please. I'm getting worried." I said sadly. But I heard a faint and quiet sob. It have me hope.

"I'm sorry." She said softly, almost silent.

But I had the dreaded feeling that she had done something, the worry exploded like it was a bomb.

"Open the fucking door please!" I said, panic running through my voice. "I'm begging you, please just open the door. Please open the goddam door."

"No, Fred. I can't-" she said, but she fell silent again.

"Open the door, open the door." I cried, tears threatening to fall from my eyes, letting one siding down my cheek.

"I can't Fred. I can't bare to see that scar on your arm, knowing that I did that."

"Please open the door." I said.

"You know why I can't Fred." She said through the door, her voice sounding louder, as though she was the other side of it.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because the truth is." She said, and sighed straight after, as though she needed the pause to gather herself. "We always fall in love with the things that we can't have."

"Y/n, darling. Please don't think like that. Please let me in, I need to see you." I said, standing to my feet, wiping the tears from my eyes.

"Freddie, darling. I love you so much, but I can't see your arm knowing that it was me that gave you that scar." Y/n said, I could tell she meant it from the heart.

"I love you too, Y/n. Please let me in, I need you." I said, as though it was my last chance.

It was a silence, a odd silence, as though she was questioning an important decision. I stood at the door, fiddling with my fingers and taking a deep breath. Faint familiar voices echoed from the bottom of the stairs, growing sightly louder and louder. But her dorm is right at the top of Gryffindor tower, it takes a while to climb the stairs. The silence was suddenly filled with a loud click.

•Y/n's POV•

I don't know what in me made me even talk to Fred. Maybe it's the thought that I haven't seen him a week, and I haven't spoken with either him or George in that time.

But the truth is. I want him. I need him. I need his love and support, even though it makes me feel really guilty.

But we need to get over this together, like a team like we are supposed to be. Because we both know, we love each other, we need each other. And we need to heal with each other.

I need Fred to help me recover, the guilt made me do something regrettable, and I need Fred, his hugs and his unconditional love and support he gives to me.

I took a deep breath, and stood up from the floor next to my door, staring at the handle of the door, questioning what I should do, let him in, expose my secret. Or keep myself locked away from society, my boyfriend and my best friends.

I gained the confidence to unlock the bedroom door, moments after hearing the voices of mum, dad, and Teddy.

Word Count: 1000
A/n: ITS WAS BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY! So I wrote a new chapter for you all! I hope you have enjoyed it, because I wanted to make sure that I had a new chapter out for my birthday before I go out! Have a great day :)

From
~Ella