Chapter 23: A Unwanted Surprise

TW: One swear word!

Y/n's POV:
The evening soon fell and my first date with Fred was looming and I was in my dorm getting ready. I wore light blue jeans with a pale pink crop top with a grey cardigan. I applied light makeup to hide my scars slightly before adding mascara and brushing my hair and tucking one side behind my ear.

The clock began to tick and tock and the time loomed closer to 7:00pm. A sat on my bed anxiously staring at my clock as the hands ticked around the circle. Minutes went by then the clock struck 7:00pm. I leaped from my bed and ran out of my dorm and down the stairs, completely forgetting to check my calendar.

The common room was empty except from one red haired boy sitting on the sofa. His head jerked round when the sound of the steps filled the room. A wide smile filled his face as he rose from his seat with a rose in his hand. Fred was wearing jeans and a smart polo and his hair slightly combed back.

"Wow Y/n! You look stunning!" Fred gasped with a wide smile.

"Thank you Freddie!" I said. "You look very handsome." I added.

"I have this rose for you." Fred said, the rose was a light red with hints of pink in the end, she stork was short and no spikes and it was absolutely beautiful.

"Fred! It's beautiful, I love it!" I yelped excitedly.

"May I?" Fred asked, gesturing towards my ear.

"Of course!" I replied.

Fred's large hand moved my hair slightly away whilst his other hand tucked the flower behind my ear, resting comfortably behind it with the flower showing in the front. He pulled my hair back to cover my ear and smiled widely at me.

"Ready to go?" Fred said, linking my hand with his.

"Of course!" I replied. Fred smiled and we walked out of the common room with our hands linked.

The two of us walked down the empty corridors, the sound of distant parties ringing through the tall and wide corridors. We walked down to the grounds of the castle. French and Swedish music ringing though the air from the Bauxbatons carriage and the Durmstrang boat.

"It's beautiful out here." I smiled looking at the setting sun in the sky, illuminating the mountains in bright pinks and oranges.

"Just like you." Fred smiled.

"Such a flirt Fred Weasley." I smiled as we continued to walk to wherever Fred set up our date.

"But it worked, didn't it Y/n Weasley." Fred smiled cockily which caused me to blush.

"I don't know where you got confused, I'm a Lupin not a Weasley." I smiled, giving him a cocky look and a smirk.

"Not yet." Fred replied, not looking in my eyes, but I can see a cheeky smirk creep onto his face.

"Smooth Fred Weasley. Very smooth." I said which caused the both of us to giggle.

"Do you want to watch the sun set with me?" Fred asked shyly.

"Of course!" I said, pulling me and him to the ground, we laid on a hill that overlooked the mountains with the sun slowly setting behind.

Fred's arm was draped around my shoulder with my head resting on his arm. I was snuggled into him, which allowed me to hang my arm across his torso. We watched the sun set slowly over the hill, the pinks and oranges of the sky became more vivid and lit Fred's face up, accentuating his freckles and matching his fiery red hair.

I caught Fred's hazel eyes staring into mine. A small smile appeared on both our faces. Fred's eyes briefly left my eyes to look a my lips then back to my eyes. We leaned closer together and our lips joined together. Our lips slid over each other's, my hands moved to the back of his hair and tangle my fingers behind his head. I felt Fred slightly tug at mine, then I felt him tangle his fingers into my hair.