Chapter 70: Goodbye

~.~.~Parts 198-200~.~.~
•3rd Person POV•

Many years had passed, it was the 31st August 2015. George sat at the kitchen table sipping a cup of tea.

He moved out of the flat three years after the battle, he moved into a three bedroom house in Devon, it was a five minute walk away from the Burrow. George still used the flat, if he needed to do work he would go up there, or simply just to sit in Y/n's and Fred's room.

Life hasn't been easy for George, his grief never really left him, but he learnt how to manage it. He distracted himself by throwing himself into his work, the shop was thriving. Ron often came over after he finished work to help George and Teddy came over occasionally too.

But what really helped George is his wife. Lucy was a short woman. She had shorter dirty blond hair and a round face. Lucy had piercing blue eyes and soft lips. She worked in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement in the Improper use of Magic Office. She regulated anyone braking laws under that statute of secrecy as well as the decree for the reasonable restriction of underage sorcery. Her job was flexible, she could control her hours to make sure she and George were spending enough time together.

They met six months after the battle, she is two years younger than George and was sorted into Hufflepuff when he was in third year. Lucy had came into the shop to get a gift for her younger brother for his birthday, she and George immediately hit it off and got married in Summer of 2001.

They lived together in the house together. It had who floors with three large bedrooms. The ground floor is open planned with large squashy sofas next to dark oak coffee tables. The kitchen had a modern and sleek design, the countertops were white with flecks of glitter embedded within, the cupboards were plain white, they had no handles, just a groove at the bottom so they could be opened. The pair decided to reuse the oak table from the flat which sat nicely in the front corner of the open room.

In June 2002, the pair welcomed the birth of their first child. A little boy. He had George's fiery red hair and Lucy's blue eyes. They decided to name him Fred Ethan Weasley. He was exactly like Fred, Fred II was just as mischievous as his late uncle and equally fiery as his late aunt. From the age of 1, he had changed George's hair from red to bright blue, and transfigured his breakfast into a spoon.

A year and a half later in February 2004, they welcomed their daughter, which made their small family complete. They spent a very long time trying to find a name for her during Lucy's pregnancy, but they settled on a name which they fell in love with. She was named Ayla Lucy Weasley. The pair loved the fact that the name meant moonlight, which was a subtle link to Y/n. Ayla also had red hair, she looked very similar to Ginny but had a caring personality like Y/n did and her critical thinking skills, which made her and Fred II the perfect pair for pranks.

As they grown up, George yearned for them to know Fred and Y/n. He knew that they would have adored their niece and nephew. He often looked at the photo hung on the living room wall with photos of his family, Lucy's family and their friends.

George took another sip of his tea, the warm August air was flowing through the window and blowing gently on his face. His children were getting ready for bed and his wife had a late work meeting at the ministry.

His thoughts drifted to the Battle of Hogwarts, it was night his life changed, the picture of the great hall was permanently engraved in his brain. A wave of sadness washed over him, he hadn't felt that sadness in years, he didn't want to sink down to that level again. Since the war, George had never turned into a fox again, he didn't want to change the memories associated with it. His own children didn't even know he was an animagus.