Chapter 41: Family

Trigger warning: SH. Please read with caution
~.~.~Parts 81-84~.~.~
•3rd Person POV•

The door clicked open, the wooden door now allowed the access to Y/n's dorm room. Fred's heart was suddenly filled with joy but also sense of dread.

Fred's shakey hand gripped itself around the handle of her door, slowly twisting the handle around until he heard a click when he heard a familiar voice.

"Where is she? Is she alright?!" Remus Lupin's panicked and worried voice rounded the stairs, lightly panting from the race up the stairs. And the pants of Tonks and Teddy close behind him. Both faces pale and filled with fear.

"I don't know." Fred confessed, lowering his head. "She won't let me into her dorm, it's been locked for days and no charm could unlock it."

"How many days has it been locked for?" Tonks asked after.

"About a week and a half, I've sat by her door every day."

"So it's still locked then?" Teddy said.

"No, it's unlocked. She just opened it and George and I was about to go in." Fred weakly smiled, his hand still on the doorknob.

"Let's go in then." Remus says nervously.

"Okay." Fred said, he turned his face towards the door and said. "Y/n, love, can we come in?"

There was a silence, a odd and uncomfortable silence that would make anyone run. But from the silence there was an shaky and nervous sound coming from the door. The faint voice of Y/n saying "Yeah."

Fred took a deep breath and pushed the door open slowly to reveal the room he hadn't seen for a long time.

Y/n's dormitory was dark, the curtains were drawn over the windows, there was clothes all over the floor and her bed was unmade. Fred looked down at the floor next to the bed, and there she was.

Y/n was leading against the side of her bed, her knees pushed up into her chest and her arms were wrapped around her legs. Her head was lowered and silent sobs were exiting her mouth. Her body was shaking and one of her fists were clenched. Fred's heart sunk as he ran and fell at her side and leaned her into his chest.

Her brother sat at her other side, slowly rubbing her clenched hand with his thumb. And George sat down next to Fred, at Y/n's side, his heart slowly breaking at the sight of her.

Y/n's head was still was still in her knees and two words were heard though her sobs.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"Y/n, what are you sorry about?" Tonks asked as her and Remus sat in front of her.

Y/n didn't say anything, except she slowly and shakily lifted her unclenched fist to reveal a blade, red stained the sharp end. Fred gently removed the blade from her hand and placed it on the bedside table next to him.

"Oh Y/n." Teddy whispered softly, stroking her hair gently with his hand.

"I'm sorry Teddy. I'm so sorry everyone." Y/n sobbed.

There was a small crack of light that seeped though the window, a breeze flowed through the room and the light shone across her face and arms. Small and cuts that were crimson red lined her arms and small blood stains stained her skins and clothes.

"I feel so guilty for hurting Fred." She murmured quietly through her arms.

"What?" Remus asked, confusion lined his tone, eyebrow's furrowed.

"During her last transformation, she accidentally hurt scratched my arm whilst I was a fox." Fred explained. He looked at Lupin, Tonks and Teddy, have a sigh and turned his arm around to show them the the scar.

It had faded slightly, red still lined the edges, it ran down the length of his arm from his shoulder to wrist.

"She's been guilty ever since." George said solemnly

"And that's why I started this." Y/n whispered, slightly shaking her arms. "To distract me from the guilt that was eating me."

She lifted her head with disgrace. Tears rolling down her cheeks and her puffy eyes looked around at the five of them with disappointment.

"Honey, please don't cry." Remus said comfortingly, opening his arms to give his daughter a hug

"I'm sorry." She muttered. "I'm so sorry. I've let you all down."

"Y/n, you haven't let us down, okay." Teddy said, placing a comforting hand on her knee.

"Okay..." she said quietly, a small smile appearing on her face. "I'm sorry you four, but is it okay if I have a few minutes alone with Fred?"

"Of course you can darling." Remus smiled at her.

The four of them bid their goodbyes to Y/n with soft smiles and hugs. They all filed out of the room and closed the door with a click.

"I'm so sorry Fred. I'm a terrible person." Y/n said quietly. Fred moved himself over next to her and she placed her head onto his chest.

"Y/n, some mistakes get made." He said comfortingly. "That's alright, it's okay."

"You know Fred, you can think that you're in love, when you're really just in pain." Y/n sniffled.

"It was a mistake, darling." Fred said gently

"Freddie, I'm so sorry that I've hurt you. I let you down."

"You haven't let me down, darling. You are the only one who cares about the scar."

"You don't care about it?" Y/n asked confused.

"I think it's awesome."

"Why would you think that?"

"Because it's a reminder why I became an animagus, so I can help you. So, let me take care of you tonight."

"Thank you, Freddie. That's really sweet." Y/n smiled. She leaned herself up to Fred's face to plant a simple kiss on the cheek before resting it back on his chest.

Fred picked her up gently from the floor and placed her on her bed, pulling up the blanket and kissing her forehead.

Word Count: 1000
A/N: Sooooooo... it's been a while (like a month). I'm sorry I haven't posted on here for such a long time!! I've been really busy with my college work and my UCAS application so I haven't had time to write. I'm sorry this is such a bad chapter, I'm trying to get back into to the groove of writing, so hopefully I can get back to a regular posting schedule. Have a great day :)

From
~Ella