Chapter 22

Chapter 22 - Answers, Finally!

*Demi's pov*

It's been two weeks since the last time I talked to Niall. I thought it would be hard not talking to him, but it's easy considering he hasn't tried making contact with me. I wonder why..?

It's like we're both avoiding each other and we hardly understand why. Auditions have been going by really fast! And I think we only have a few stops left. We are in auditions now.

I wasn't really paying much attention until the next act came on. They called themselves Emblem 3. They did an original song called Sunset Boulevard and wow, LA said it better be good and it definitely was! They got the best reactions from all of us. At least that's what I thought. "I don't like you," LA said. How? "I love you!" He finished. Oh, There you go. I knew he would like them.

When it was my turn to speak, I gushed. "I think you guys are so cute!" I said. "We think you're cute!" Keaton said. Aw! Adorable! "Aww. Thanks!" I smiled. "No." Simon said. I laughed. "No." He repeated. "Simon." One of the boys said. "What?" I asked Simon. "No." He said. "What?" I asked again. "No. No. Barrier." He said putting a hand in front of me. "Carry on." He motioned to Emblem 3. Wow, Simon. "Yeah, you guys were so much fun to watch, and I loved your voice! I'm so impressed. I loved you guys." I continued. Needless to say, they made it through.

*Two Nights Later*

The episode we filmed two nights ago is airing now. I'm sitting in my hotel room watching it. I get pretty awkward when it comes to the part of me and Emblem 3. I'm not exactly sure why. Except there is one reason I know of. Simon. Why is he so... What's the word?... Protective over me...? I don't even know if that's the right word but either way, I'm going to talk to him.

When the show ends I leave my room and walk down the hall to Simon's room. I stop at his door and hesitantly knock. I feel a wave of nervousness but I push it away. He invites me in and I sit on the chair near his desk while he sits on his bed. "I'm gonna cut right to it." I say. "Go ahead...?" He says questioningly. "Why are you so- so protective of me?" I ask quickly. He sighs. Is that a bad thing? I groan inside.

"Well, it just you're so- fragile. I know how much you've been through, and I want to make sure nothing goes wrong for you. I want you to know you're safe here. I don't want you to get yourself into anything with anyone because I don't want it to end badly. I'm trying to help." He lets out. "Wow. Might've been nice to know before." I mutter. "I'm sorry. If I made things weird, I didn't mean to, I just- you know what I mean. Right?" He says hopefully. "Yeah." I say after a long pause.

He smiles at me, and I smile back. "I'm glad that's settled!" I say happily. He nods. I yawn, remembering its about 10:30 pm. I say goodbye and walk to my room. Sleepily I get under the covers. I feel my eyelids get heavy and quickly find myself in a deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So in trying to make my chapters longer but I don't think I'm doing to good :( I hope the next chapter will be longer because I have a huge idea! Hope you'll like it! And on a totally unrelated note, another fact you should know about me is I'm also a huge belieber! Comment if you're one too! And if you are, who's excited for Believe acoustic which comes out tomorrow?! xx