Chapter 44

Chapter 44 - home sweet home

I walked only a step before hitting a wall.

No.

Not a wall.

Walls don't squish.

That's a person.

Oh shoot.

I looked up cautiously. "I'm so-" I started but was interrupted. "Take this." A large man said shoving a hat at me. Well. That was rude.

I examined the hat. It was kinda cute. 'A fedora' I assume its called. It was black with a purple ribbon around it, the color of my shirt. I put it on and looked back at the man, he really looked like my old body guard. "Rob?" I asked.

"You got it, princess." He smiled. I smiled back. "Oh my gosh! What are you doing here?" I asked. "Protecting you. I'm your body guard again." He responded. "You're kidding?" I asked happily. "Nope." He clarified. "eep!" I squealed, hugging him. Rob was my bodyguard before Bob. He was like a best friend to me and I loved him, so I was really upset when they switched him with Bob. Amy knew I didn't like Bob as much as Rob so she tried to get him back for me but it hadn't worked so I didn't think it suddenly would. I guess I should stop doubting Amy. Anyways like I was saying, He hugged me back before quickly letting go.

"What?" I asked. "We gotta go. There's not too many paparazzi outside yet cause they figured you wouldn't leave until its dark. We need to get you out now." He stated with authority. "Um- ok." I responded unsure. I followed him down the hall to an elevator and he hit the ground floor button.

It was quiet. The only noise was elevator music and I couldn't stand it. "So where is everyone?" I asked, eager to break the silence. "Your house." He responded like it was no big deal. "Why are they-" I started but stopped as I got pushed out of the elevator. "Keep walking. The cars right out front. You just walk straight to the car. Head down. Hat down. Don't look up until you're in the car." He commanded.

He opened the front door. "Thank you." I said in a disguised voice trying to act like any other ordinary person. I did as I was told and walked straight to the car without stopping. I opened passenger door and got in, quickly closing the door. The door to the drivers seat swing opened and Rob got in the front. Once he started driving away I started to ask my questions. "Why is everyone at my house?" I started. "They needed a place to go. We sent them to your house. Brittany and Simon promised to make sure everything was ok and then no one did anything to your home." He responded. "Alright." I sighed and turned to look out my window. The radio came on and I rested my head on my arm which lay on the door.

I think I fell asleep after that.

"Demi?" I felt my body shake. "Demi!" It shook again. I opened my eyes and looked up to find myself still in the car with my door open and Rob standing outside with his hand on my arm. "How long was I asleep?" I asked. "Just 10 minutes." He assured. I pulled myself out of the car "Home sweet h-" I started to speak but stopped because when my feet hit the ground I fell.

Someone caught me.

"Niall?" I asked looking up into his blue orbs. "Are you ok?" He asked. "I think." I said as he helped steady me. He walked me inside and I almost screamed as I noticed someone standing in the path of the door.

"SELENA!" Ok, I guess I really did scream. "DEMI!" She screamed back hugging me tight. I guess its ok since I'm not the only one screaming.

We stood in the hug for a long time. We only stopped when a beep sounded from my clock/calendar which indicated its a new hour. I looked at it and noticed the date. I let go of Selena who was smiling ear to ear like me. "It's your birthday." I whispered. "Yes." She whispered back. "Oh my god. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I yelled. "Thanks! 21!" She said in joy. "It's been that long?!" I asked shocked. "I guess so." She sighed, engulfing me in another hug.