Chapter 32

Chapter 32 - Another Disappointment

I woke up to my head pounding. Wait, that's not my head. Someone's nocking on the door. I got up to find I was lying on the floor. Why? I walked to the door and opened it without checking who it was. "Hello." Brittany said. I looked up. "I see you're up now so can we talk about last night?" She said triggering memories of last night to flow through my head. I suddenly remembered everything. "Yeah, sure." I breathed walking to my couch. She closed the door behind her and followed me.

"I heard everything." She said honestly. "It went terrible." I sighed about to cry again. No. Stop it Demi. Don't let yourself cry. "I know. Maybe you should go talk to Niall." She suggested. "Simon tells me he wants to talk to you. I'm sure it'll be fine." She said convincingly. "Fine." I sighed. "Alright! Meet him at Jay's Coffee House at 10:00." She said jumping up and leaving me.

As I sifted through my closet I let all my thoughts run through my head. I'm a regular at Jay's Coffee House. What if things go wrong there? Will I have to find a new coffee place to go to? I stopped when I found a plain, flowy gray top. I got out some black jeans and combat boots and put everything on. I then sat down at my vanity table. I brushed my hair to perfection and then looked through my makeup. I put on blush and red lipstick but decided against mascara incase things went badly....

I picked up my phone which said the time was currently 9:50 meaning I had 10 minutes to get there. I grabbed a gray fashion hat and black sunglasses as I starting walking down stairs and out the door. I was surprised that there were no paparazzi camped out outside. I crossed the street, turned a corner and found my self at a stop sign. I waited a minute and continued walking. When I was almost at the coffee shop I stopped to fix my hair. It was 9:55 so I still had five minutes anyway.

It was nice outside so I looked through the window to see if Niall was there yet. Why go inside if he's not even there? Sure enough he wasn't there just a few couples. One couple stood out though. The girl had brown hair and was wearing a green long sleeve shirt and jeans with the same combat boots as me. The boy hay had blonde hair and was wearing a white t shirt with jeans and casually fancy shoes. It's the same outfit Niall usually wares. Wait...

That is Niall. But who's the girl with him? She got up and I could finally tell who it was. The, Amy Green. Why would he even talk to her after what happened yesterday. Unless,.. No. He even denied it. But then again she said yes to it. She looked to the door and for a millisecond her eyes hooked on mine as she turned back to Niall. He got up giving her a friendly hug. Then she grabbed his face and kissed him, smack on the lips. He seemed to struggle a bit but I wasn't focused on him. I was focused on her.

She stared at me as she kissed him. Smirking into the kiss. She was pushed back and then she just turned and left. Niall turned to watch her leave but I slid away from view. As she walked out the door she passed me and smirked my way. Her arm brushed mine, or more like hit mine as she passed. I wanted to say something but I choked on my words.

Should I go confront Niall now? I can't. We're in a public place. It would draw too much attention. I ran back to the hotel as fast as I could trying to beat the tears. I made it just on time because as I closed the door to my room, I broke down.

I took off my shoes then sat on my couch and let everything run through me. I recalled the time I first met Liv. I had just admitted I liked Niall to myself and her for the first time. But I suddenly became worried and said, "I'm just so afraid of him breaking my heart and ruining our friendship. I don't want to risk it.". She replied with such a heartfelt answer it was all I needed to convince me it was fine to love him. She had said, "I don't think he'll break your heart. I mean you trust him, right? The way he looks at you.. He doesn't want to break your heart. He wants to give it a break. I know your scared its wrong but you have one life to live. So let him give your heart a break."

The memory brought even more tears. It felt so safe to love him, but not anymore. Every time I fall again, theres another disappointment. I decided to lye down and watch tv to get my mind off it but first I went to change. I put my hair in a messy bun and took off my makeup then clothes. I slid on a gray college sweatshirt my mother gave me before I left and gray sweatpants that went with it. Then I walked back to the couch lying down on it and turning on the tv. I stared at the screen. It showed a couple kissing on the beach. I quickly changed the channel.

I heard a knock on the door and walked quietly to the door. I looked out the peep whole to see Niall. I quietly started to walk back to the couch as if I wasn't even here. "I know your in there. I hear the telly." Niall said. Shoot!

I stayed quiet. "Come on Demi! Please open the door! We need to talk!" He said. I thought for a moment before turning around and walking towards the door. I slowly turned the handle revealing a Niall I haven't really seen before other than last night.

His eyes were red and puffy and he looked worried and upset. I left the door open and walked to my couch, turning off the tv. He walked in behind me and sat down next to me.

"I know what you saw.." Niall started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another long one? Omg I'm awesome aren't I? Lol jk. What's Niall gonna say? I like plot twists... Just putting it out there.. Vote, comment, rate, fan? Thanks lovelies x