Chapter 41

Chapter 41 - The Boys Arrive

Again, I heard the familiar sound of the door creaking open. "Wow. You wanna see me again? I must be special!" Simon joked. "Ha Ha. Very funny. I wanna know what's going on with X Factor." I said jumping straight to the point. "Ah yes.." He started, sitting down in the chair next to my bed again.

"We have postponed X Factor until you are well functioning again." Simon said cautiously. "Oh. Wow. I didn't think they would do that." I said surprised. "Well, yeah. They didn't want to do that but me, Brittany, LA and most of the contestants persuaded them into doing it." He admitted. "You really mean pressured them into doing it, don't you?" I asked. "Maybe.." He responded quietly. Hehe. I know him so well! Ha! I smiled widely.

"..whatever.." Simon whispered under his breath. "Aw come on Simon you know I love you!" I laughed. "Do you need to know anything else?" He grunted. "Na. You can send in-" I started but was interrupted by the door bursting open. In came Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, and Liam Payne. They were about to speak but then they saw me in the bed and Simon next to me.

"Sorry. Should we-" Liam started but Simon cut him off. "Stay. Talk. I was just about to probably go get Niall anyway." Simon said getting up and looking down at me. I nodded and he left.

"Hello boys." I said. "Hi!" They yelled in unison. "Shhhhh!" I hissed. "Sorry!" They whispered again in unison. "I thought your flights were delayed?" I asked. "Yeah but not for long. It all worked out. As you can see. Considering we're here." They said each boy saying their own sentence. "Great." I smiled.

Liam cautiously walked toward me and sat in the chair Simon and Niall had sat in, what seemed like plenty of times before. "How are you?" He asked seriously with the other boys inching close behind him. "It doesn't hurt that much but it does sorta hurt.. I just don't want to talk about it.." I stuttered.

"That's fine." Liam said. "It must be pretty hard on you.." Zayn said. "Yeah. It is." I agreed. "Imagine how it is on Niall though. He saw it all unfold in front of his eyes." Harry started. "His best friend looking dead, lying on the floor. Being so in shock and having no idea what to do." Louis finished for him. We all quietly agreed.

I never thought of it that way. I didn't even bother to ask if he was ok. He seemed fine but he must be trying to hide it; One of the stages of trauma. I need to talk to him!

Suddenly the door opened and Niall walked in, missing everything that had just happened. The boys and I all turned to stare at him. "Umm.. Guys..? What's going on? Hello?!" Niall said after a moment. "Huh?" We all asked, snapping out of our stares. "You were all staring at me.." Niall clarified. Oh..

Liam stood up and walked over to Niall. "Niall, mate. Come sit." He said putting his hand on Niall's shoulder and guiding him to the chair he sat in before. "What's up guys?" Niall asked cautiously. I looked around waiting for someone to answer. No one did. Do I always have to be the bigger person?

"Niall. How do you feel?" I asked. "Fine. Why?" Niall shrugged. "How about sad?" Louise suggested. "Shocked?" Harry suggested catching on. "Traumatized?" Zayn whispered.

"You remember what happened to Demi. You saw it all. You handled it on your own. That's hard to do. Especially when it was all happening to your best friend" The boys pieced together.

Niall looked around the room. He looked lost. Like a little kid separated from his parents in a large shopping center. His eyes teared up and I figured he would push them back. I knew he had up a wall pushing back his feelings, a wall he'd been keeping high this whole time. I guess what the boys said knocked down the wall because suddenly Niall broke down crying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this ones short and I'm sorry. I just needed something to give you since I didn't post last weekend. Sorry. It's summer now so I might be able to write more.

Oh and now for more exiting news.. I went to a taping of X Factor! Ahhh! I sat on the side but I still saw the stage really well! And Demi was the judge closest to me! She was- ah! She's perfect. K? And Simon was farthest from me but during breaks he would get up and walk closer to us! But like their feud was hilarious 😂 At one point Demi said something like, "That reminded me of a girl I used to know, her names Simon." I was cracking up 😂😂 oh my god I love them. And another time they were talking about donuts and Simon asked what jelly was because he wanted a donut with jam and Demi was like "Jelly and Jam are the same thing!" {Unless he mew what jelly was and not what jam was.. i forgot it was two days ago} And it was funny and then Simon kept complaining about how he wanted a donut now and I just- it was amazing! x