Chapter 38

Chapter 38 - Made Up World

*Nurses Pov*

I walked out as fast as I could. I just needed to get out of there. i couldn't tell him what I thought was going on with her. I wasn't even sure if I was right yet. I walked across the hall and took the elevator up a floor. I walked past a few rooms turned the corner and then walked past two more rooms until I found the room I was looking for. Room 365. I opened the door quietly and looked around. I walked to the bed and picked up the clipboard of the small side table.

'6:29 p.m. - still asleep (possibly in a coma)' I wrote on the paper. I put the clipboard down again and walked back toward the door. Before I opened the door I turned around to look at the girl sleeping in the bed. I turned and walked out. I do hope she's ok. For everyone's sake. The poor boy seemed so worried along with everyone else. I would hate for this to end badly.

I closed the door quietly and headed further down the hallway towards the offices. I knocked on the door. "Enter!" I heard a deep voice call. I walked in. "What's the status Mrs. White?" My boss asked from behind the desk. "I - I think Demi's in a coma."

{ A/N - Sorry if Nurses Pov was confusing.. I just wanted to show what was going on with Demi! Keep Reading! x }

*Niall's Pov*

After the nurse left my room I spent about 2 hours staring at my ceiling and counting sheep. It was horrible. Finally I fell asleep. I couldn't tell how long I was asleep because there's no clock in my room that I can see. Im now lying in bed and trying to get my eyes to adjust to the room light. Once my eyes were adjusted I tried to find a button to call the nurse since I didn't want a repeat of yesterday. That mans grip hurt more than the shot!

I finally chose to press the button that was labeled 'call' on it. I was a little afraid at first because it was a red button and we all assume red buttons mean danger but none of the other colored buttons were labeled with anything that seemed like it could help me get my nurse so I just clicked the red one.

I heard footsteps and the door opened. "Wow. A whole 14 hours this time!" My nurse said walking into my room. I glared at her but it turned into a smile when I realized what she really meant. She didn't say it to be mean. She said it because it had been long enough for the effects {dizziness and tiredness} to wear off. She smiled back at me noticing I realized what she meant.

"So I can leave?" I asked to clarify. "Yes you can." She said replacing my bandage. I sat up. "Just replace this bandage once a day for 2 days." She said handing me a small first aid kit {that seemed more like a wallet than a kit} containing 2 bandages a bottle of cream and medical tape. "Thanks." I took the kit from her and stood up sliding it into my pocket. "What's your name?" I continued. "Nurse White." She turned and threw away the old bandage.

"Well then; Nurse White, may I see Demi now?" I asked. Instead of her replying she simply walked out of the room like yesterday. I didn't know if I was supposed to follow her but I decided to follow her down the hall anyway. We got into an elevator and when she didn't question me, I knew I was supposed to follow her. "Right through this door she whispered opening a door with a sign marked 'Room 365'.

She held the door as I walked through. There in the bed was a motionless Demi. I walked to her bed side and pulled over a chair.

"Don't make your self comfortable." The woman warned. "Why not?" I asked. "Shh.. Keep your voice down. And because you can't stay hear long." She said. "Who says?" I tried. "The boss says." She growled. "Well why don't you go ask the boss again because I don't think you understand how much this girl means to me." I said getting angry. "Fine." She sighed and walked out the door, closing it behind her. I smiled.

I turned toward Demi and my smile immediately dropped. I took her hand off her stomach where it was lying and held it up to my mouth kissing it softly. I then held it lower but didn't let go.

"I wish you could be hear Demi. I don't want this to be happening. Who knows how long you'll be like this." I whispered to her. "Please come out of this state. Please do that for me. You're my world and I love no one more than you. When you get out of this... I'm going to tell you that." I continued confidently.

*Demi's Pov*

Everything is dark and I can't move. I hear faint noises once in a while but I don't understand them or what's happening. I heard a noise followed by someone talking. Those movies don't lie. I can hear people but I can't see or move. I must be in a coma. I think I've imagined myself a world for while I'm in this coma except its just been my standing against a wall in a dark room with not a single trace of light. I can see hallways but I don't know which to go down.

The voices went back and forth about staying in this room with me and then finally one of them must have left. I wished I could see who they were. Someone started talking and I felt a part of me being lifted. What's going on? Oh thats my hand. Something soft quickly touched it and then held it in air. Some on just kissed my hand.

The voice continued to talk. It was an Irish voice meaning it must be Niall. I listened quietly. "I wish you could be hear Demi. I don't want this to be happening. Who knows how long you'll be like this." He whispered to me. "Please come out of this state. Please do that for me. You're my world and I love no one more than you. When you get out of this.. I'm going to tell you that. I love you." Oh my gosh. If I could move my eyes would be tearing right now. I really just wanted to yell out 'I can hear you! I love you too! I do...' But I couldn't. It wasn't possible.

*Niall's Pov*

I looked to her face to find a single tear rolling down her cheek. How is that possible? I softly wiped away the tear and continued talking. "How are you tearing up?"

*Demi's Pov*

Wait I'm actually tearing? Whoa. I'm so confused. I heard a sigh and then he continued again. "Please come back to me." Then my hand that he was still holding was rested against what felt like his cheek. Everything was silent and suddenly I was back to my dreamed up world.

This time there was a voice. Niall's voice. What he just said was repeating. I backed away from the wall and walked down one of the hallways where it sounded like the voice was coming from. When the voice stopped I stopped as if I couldn't control my body. As if the voice was controlling it.

I looked down to find me in my clothes from before. Nothing hurt. Nothing at all. I felt fine. So why am I here? The voice started up again and so did my feet. They walked toward the sound for what seemed like forever.

I walked through different halls and up a case of stairs. This is getting weird. I came to a door at the end of a hall. My hand reached out and grabbed the handle. No. Please no. I don't want to know what's in there. But still I opened the door and stepped in. It creaked close behind me.

I was scared but I didn't show it. I wasn't controlling me. As the voice replayed a light went on in the room. It shined something in the center of the room but no where else. I walked toward the dim light.

There I stood inside my hospital room. There was another version of my in a hospital gown lying motionless on the bed. There was a white bandage wrapped around part of my head but it there was red coming through it. Blood red. I shivered.

Next to me was a chair which Niall was sitting. He was holding my hand. The dark disappeared around me and the rest of the hospital room came up instead. He stopped talking and held my hand to his cheek. Suddenly my body was flung onto the body on the bed. I shut my eyes in fear. Instead of my hitting it, I became it.

My eyes fluttered open. I was in the hospital room. Niall was sitting in the chair with his eyes closed and my hand to his cheek like in my made up world. I'm out. I feel Niall. I see color. He set me free. I was stuck in my comas made up world but his voice guided me to the exit. He saved me. "Niall." I whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright so I have a question; When you search 'Demi Lovato' in the search bar, is the first book to come up the most popular book? If any of you know please tell me! Thanks ツ Also, thank you all for the 20+ votes, 160+ reads and 10+ comments on the last chapter! Here's an appreciation cookie→🍪 {Yeah, I'm weird.. Deal with it and enjoy your appreciation cookie} Ily xx