Chapter 40

Chapter 40 - Remember

I was alone for a while with the room spinning slowly. The door flung open. Two people stepped in but one of them was quickly pushed out the door. I squinted my eyes to see who was at the door. "Nurse White." The woman said addressing herself. "I need you to take a pill. It will put you to sleep for a while so we can operate on your head." Nurse White said.

"Why didn't you operate on me before?" I asked. "It was too dangerous to do it while you we're in the coma. You could've woken during the operation or the pressure of the operation and coma could've caused a problem.." The nurse said trailing off at the end. I nodded and took the pill. Suddenly I felt very drowsy and before I knew it, everything was pitch black again.

-

*2 hours later*

I opened my eyes slowly and tiredly. I had an aching pain in my head. It felt like my heart was beating in my head. Ouch! I looked around the room to find it empty, but eyes fell on a button on the wall next to my head. I clicked it.

The door flung open and in came Nurse White. "Hello Demi! You awoke quicker than we expected!" She smiled. "That's good.. Right?" I clarified. "Yes." She responded. "The surgery went fine. We put in some stitches that can probably be out in 3-5 weeks. You should be out of here tomorrow." The nurse continued.

"Wait, how long have I been in this hospital?" I asked. "I guess about 2 days." She said. "Are the boys here? The One Direction boys?" I asked. "Just the one, Niall. He said their flight was delayed. Bad weather in England." The nurse said walking to me.

She took off something from my head. It was a bandage. She threw it away and walked to a cabinet. She opened it and took a roll of gauze out. She wrapped it around my head and taped it with medical tape.

"You can't leave until tomorrow because if you get up in the next 24 house you'll most likely fall back down. It is advised once you are let out that someone helps you walk, you don't walk for a long period of time, and that you stay in bed as much as you can for 1-2 days." The nurse stated.

I nodded. "I don't know if you can help me with this, but what about the X Factor? Do you know what's going on right now?" I asked hopefully. "You've had many visitors including some of the X Factor workers and contestants. We've pushed them all to the waiting room though, so I would assume that they are holding off with the show for now."

"Yeah... I guess so... Thanks. Can any of them visit me now?" I asked. "Sure. Do you have any preferences?" The nurse said. I thought for a minute. "Whoever got here first.. Not including Niall." I chose. "I'll send them right in." She said walking out and closing the door.

A minute later the door creaked open. I looked up to see Simon standing over my bed. He had a shocked look on his face. He rushed to my bedside and sat on it. "Are you alright?" He asked. "They wouldn't have let you in if I wasn't. And why do you seem so shocked?" I responded.

"You. You're so pale. You've a got a bandage wrapped around your head. You've been in the hospital for two days. We haven't been allowed to-" He listed. I cut him off by speaking. "Stop. Stop it." I said looking down.

"Sorry. I just-" He started again. "No. I get it. I haven't seen myself since I ran out that day. I just don't understand what happened. I don't remember." I said. "I wasn't there. Niall is the only one who saw it happen. Even the people passing didn't notice." He said.

"I don't mean to be rude but can I speak to Niall then. I need to know what happened." I said sorrily. "Yeah. It's fine. I understand. I'll go ask the nurse." He said standing up. "Simon." I said as he approached the door causing him to stop and turn to me.

"Thank you. For being here. And for caring. The Nurse said you were the first one here. You're like a dad to me. A fun dad that I can make jokes with and make fun of but is still protective. Its been like that ever since X Factor started. And I appreciate it." I said smiling warmly at him.

He smiled back. "And you've been like a daughter to me. Thank you too." He kept the smile on his face as he turned and walked out the door. It became quiet. I smiled to myself and looked down at my lap.

I heard the familiar sound of the door opening again and my head turned to it. "Hey. How's it going?" Niall asked. "Fine. I need to ask you something though." I said. "Go ahead." He said sitting down in the chair he was in before the surgery. "What even happened? I don't remember anything." I spoke honestly.

"From when do you remember?" He asked. "I remember we were running out of my dressing room and then once you pushed open the outside door, I don't remember anything." I sighed.

"We ran outside and you ran a little too fast. The ground was unleveled so a piece of it was higher than the rest. If you were going slower you might have just stepped right over it like I did but you were too fast. You tripped over it and hit the concrete ground.. Hard. Your head was bleeding like crazy and I don't know if you feel it but I'm pretty sure your ankle is broken. Did you get stitches on your head or something?" He explained, finishing with a question.

"Yeah. I did and some medicine to ease the pain and help with the dizziness." I said. After a long silence Niall spoke. "Are we going to tell the boys? About us?" He asked; motioning between us two. "I don't really want them to know. At least not yet. With everything going on, I can't handle pressure from them." I spit out. "I get it. I'm sure you have questions about X Factor now.. Do you want me to call in one of the workers?" He asked. "How about Simon? He probably knows the most. Thanks." I said as he nodded and walked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it took me over 2 weeks to update! I've been so busy with finals and stuff! But anyways.. I LOVE YOU ALL! HERE'S WHY: OK SO WHEN YOU SEARCH DEMI LOVATO, THIS BOOK IS THE FOURTH BOOK TO COME UP! THANK YOU! I HAVE CONFIRMED WITH SOME PEOPLE THAT ITS IN ORDER OF THE MOST POPULAR SO OHMIGOD! THANKS AGIN! ILY! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx