Chapter 36

Chapter 36 - Too Quiet For Comfort

I woke up the next morning to my phone blaring what makes you beautiful. Why do I keep forgetting to put it on vibrate? I get up and pick up my phone from where it's charging on my floor. "Hello?" I said in my groggy morning voice. "Morning sleepy head!" Niall said. "What do you want?" I asked, pissed off that he woke me up. "I want you to come open the door." He said. "I've been knocking for like 10 minutes." He finished. "Oh sorry... Hold on. I'll be there in a minute." I said hanging up and remembering to put my phone on vibrate. I quickly brushed through my hair, put it in a bun, put on a pair of the PINK black yoga pants and the first sweatshirt I could find, then lastly, I shoved my phone into the sweatshirt pocket. I ran to the door and opened it swiftly.

"Nice sweatshirt." Niall said smirking. I quickly allowed myself to glance down at the sweatshirt I had put on. Of course! It just had to be a 1D sweatshirt he gave me before I left for tour! "Yeah..." I breathed nervously. I'm probably blazing red! "Well, can I come in?" Niall asked. "Oh yeah." I said moving out of the way. He walked in and I closed the door behind him. "So how's the song coming?" Niall asked. "I have some ideas, but I haven't really written anything down yet." I shrugged. My phone buzzed and I took it out of the pocket. "Hello?" I asked. "Hello! You forgot again, Didn't you?" Phil asked into the phone. "What this time?" I groaned. "X Factor. rehearsals today!" He said. I ran to the door and then realized Niall was still sitting on the couch. I ran back to him, grabbed his arm and ran out the door with him. "On my way!" I yelled into the phone before hanging up.

~ 5 minutes[of a tiring run]later ~

I stood in front of Phil panting, very out of breath. I looked to see Niall in the same condition as me. Phil sighed and turned around, guiding us to the main room of the arena where we filmed and rehearsed. Niall behind the right wing backstage with Phil, so no one would see him or get distracted by him, while I sat in my place at the judges panel, today between Britney and an empty seat which I figured was for Simon. "Is this a full rehearsal?" I asked Britney as I grabbed the Pepsi set on the table and drank it quickly, my throat dry from running. "Yeah. We should be starting soon. You're just in time." She said. I continued drinking the cold refreshing drink and sure enough, in less than a minute, Simon came over, filling the panel and telling us who was coming on first. I swiveled my chair to face the stage and watched as they came out. There was only a handful of acts left and they all had an amazing, unique voice. It was so hard to critique.

~ roughly 20 minutes later ~

I guess you could say Simon is 'the leader of the panel' because he's been doing this the longest and he knows what he's doing. Simon looked at his clipboard, then towards me and the rest of the panel and told us we had one more act left and then a meeting. We all half smiled, happy to be almost done, sad to have to have a meeting after. We were all bored already. On full rehearsal days and real show days acts are ordered to stay in their dressing rooms until their cue and to enter through the left wing. This means that no one saw Niall this whole time except for workers. I decided to use that to make some fun out of this slow day.

Fifth Harmony came on and I smiled. They are truly my favorites! When they started singing I realized the song was Summer Love. Yes, the one by One Direction. I smiled and looks towards the wing Niall was in. I could see him perfectly. He was smiling and mouthing the words. When it came to my turn to speak I saw Niall standing in the wing. He nodded at me and I nodded back, knowing exactly what he was thinking. Here's a hint; Fifth Harmony LOVES One Direction!

"I can only think of one word that sums up that whole performance." I said pausing for dramatic effect. "Perfect." I popped the p. "And you know what? I have a friend here today, and I just know that they loved it too. And I have a feeling they want to meet you." I continued. The girls nodded. I smiled as Niall walked out toward them. As soon as they saw him they started freaking out.

"Ahhhh!!" and "Eeeekkkk!!" and "Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!!" Is all I heard for the next few minutes. Finally, Niall was able to calm them down. I laughed to myself. "I thought you weren't coming for another two days! I'm not prepared! I need to fix up!" They all said fixing themselves. I shook my head still laughing to myself.

"Why are you here so early?" The calmest one asked. "Erm.. I came to spend some quality time with Demi.. Without the boys.." Niall said a bit quietly. I smiled watching him blush. The girls turned to look at me. My smile dropped. I felt every pair of eyes on me and then felt their gazes slide to Niall. It was quiet. Too Quiet for Comfort.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this one took so long.. But guess what? My friend wants to audition for X Factor USA and I might go with her! Carly Rose is gonna be there! What if I meet her?! What if I get to meet Demi.. 😱