Chapter 37

Chapter 37 - This Can't Happen

I blinked twice. This can't happen. What can I do? Nothing. Wait! I guess this is the only thing I can do... I quickly got up out of my seat and fast-walked backstage. I heard a single pair of footsteps behind me but I didn't turn around. I couldn't. Once I was back there I ran to my dressing room and locked the door behind me.

There was a pounding on my door but I tried to ignored it. After a minute I got annoyed and gave up. I walked to the door and opened it slowly. Niall slid through and sat down. I looked down the hall to see about everyone that was out there walking around probably to find us. I quickly closed the door and double locked it.

That was weird. "I know." Niall said. Oops. Did I just think aloud? "Yeah." Wow. I've gotta stop that. Niall chuckled but then sighed. I looked around the room. Why can't we just admit out feelings to each other? I know he likes me. He knows I like him. Why can't he make a move! Why does it have to be awkward like this?!

I heard a phone buzz and looked to mine. No new messages. I looked up in confusion to see Niall looking at his phone. I guess it was his. "The boys will be here tomorrow morning." Niall said. I nodded. There was a long silence. "Maybe we should make a run for it...? The car is right outside..?" I said questioningly. Niall nodded.

I unlocked both locks on my door. "1..2..3!" I whispered. On 3 I opened the door quickly closing it behind us. I ran as fast as my feet could take me. Sadly my feet took me to fast and I ended up tripping.

I hit the ground fairly quickly and very hard. Suddenly a weight was put on me but I soon realized it was someone's hands. What? "You Ok?!" An Irish accent asked worriedly. "Y.." I started speaking but was cut off by darkness.

*Niall's Pov*

"Demi?!" I said for the second time. Nothing. I felt a tear roll down my cheek. No. This can't happen. It isn't happening. But I couldn't think like that because it truly was happening. I pulled out my phone and frantically called 911.

When I hung up I looked back at Demi. Her body was lying on the ground and her head was bleeding. I looked at where she tripped and decided she probably has a broken ankle too. But her head... Anything could end up happening to her..

Soon enough I heard ambulances around me. Many people rushed over to Demi pushing me back. I was stunned. I stood staring at her, letting people push me back, but not taking my eyes off her. I was too worried.

A woman walked over to me but I was still staring at Demi. She tried speaking but I couldn't hear her. I was in shock. I was lead into a car and when I was safe inside I cried. I couldn't hold it.

It wasn't a long ride to the hospital so I quickly wiped away my tears even though I knew I had more, I tried to act like a man. It didn't really work. When I saw Demi on the stretcher I freaked out. I literally when mad.

I was lead inside after Demi and brought to a small room. It looked like a waiting room. "I can't wait here! I have to be with Demi! I need to make sure she's ok!" I yelled. "Son, we need to talk to you.." The same woman who had put me in the car said. "No!" I screamed as I tried to push past her. Suddenly there was a pain in my arm and the world became dark.

*4 hours later**Still Niall's Pov*

I opened my eyes drearily. Where am I? I looked around the room. Why am I in a hospital room? Suddenly it hit me. All the events up to once I was in the hospital came rushing back through me. I shot up out of the bed to find I was still in my clothes and there were no machines hooked on to me. I did have a bandage on my arm though.

I ran out the door and looked around. I ran to the nearest nurse. "Why are you out of bed? I have to check you first." The nurse said to me. "Where's Demi?" I said ignoring her question. "How long has it been?" I continued frantically. "Is she ok? Is she up? Answer me!" I yelled. A strong pair of arms pulled me back to my room as I tried struggling but realized it was no use.

When I was put down on the bed the man held me down. The nurse walked into the room. She came closer and examined my head. She then leaned down to my arm where the bandage is. She took it off. There was a small hole the size of a needle with some blood around it and everything clearly came back. When I was brought into the hospital I tried to get out of the waiting room and the lady stabbed me with a needle. It must have knocked me out.

The woman wiped away the dry blood, replaced the bandage and turned to me. "Do you feel tired?" She asked. "No. I feel angry." I growled. "I see you have some questions. Go ahead." She continued calmly.

"How long was I asleep?"

"4 hours."

"Where's Demi?"

"In this hospital."

"Don't be smart with me. Where is she?!" I started getting more angered.

"In intensive care. Upstairs, then down the hall."

My eyes widened. "Is she up?"

"No. Not since you last saw her."

"What's wrong with her?"

"Possible concussion, maybe a twisted ankle. Very bad head injury."

"I need to see her!" I yelled. "I'm sorry, you can't do that." She said. "Why's that?!" I continued. "She's not even up. When she gets up and is in a stable condition I will tell the doctors you would like to see her until then you stay here." She said. "Can I get up?" I asked. "No. Your not stable. You might be dizzy for a while. It's best if you don't stand up yet." Before I could answer just like that she walked out leaving me crazy and alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OH MY GOD IT'S BEEN A WHOLE MONTH!! IM SOOOOO SORRY!! For any of wondering why it took so long here's why:

The first two weeks I had really important state tests. The next week I had more tests in subjects I'm not as good at so I had to study even more! After that I finally typed up the chapter. I left it and came back later to find what I wrote gone {just letting you know I write each chapter in my iPod notes then copy it into wattpad to post it}! Then I got really busy with family stuff and when I was able to write again {guess what?} it got erased again but not all of it this time! So this weekend I was finally able to finish it without my iPod being mean and erasing stuff!! Again; IM SO SORRY!! Thanks for staying with me!! Can I get some feedback on this chapter? Maybe 12+ votes? YOU'RE ALL AWESOME FANS!! xx